Videostrong(Mecool) VS-RK3399

• rk3399 device has two vops. vopl and vopb. vopb supports four windows of 4960x2160p while vopl only supports two 2260x1920p windows.

I'll have to check the DTS and make hdmi use vopb.

Keep in mind I don't own this board and hence I have no ability to test this board.

• Thanks all for explanation but if we take the look on the my first post we see what early build not have samba, 4K, CEC, sound problems.

This BOX under native installed Android 7.1 and latest KODI working fine. Only one issue. Framerate auto switching. This is my cause to open observance to find alternatives.

Positive moment in the last NP build is very good downscaling speed and network cashing for 4K content. I dont have freezing and dropout. Maybe new drivers for Ethernet and hardware acceleration is implemented.

Edited 3 times, last by Integra (December 27, 2018 at 3:41 AM).

• rk3399 device has two vops. vopl and vopb. vopb supports four windows of 4960x2160p while vopl only supports two 2260x1920p windows.

I'll have to check the DTS and make hdmi use vopb.

Keep in mind I don't own this board and hence I have no ability to test this board.

Oh wow, thank you for this, I didn't realize you could even choose which VOP in the DTS.

I'm going to switch mine later today and undo my VOP source hack.

Once you know what the DTS edit is, please let me know, I'll immediately test it on my pine rockpro64 rk3399 board.

My VOP is indeed using the little version, and when I look at my DTS, it's not immediately obvious to me how to select the big VOP.

Thanks all for explanation but if we take the look on the my first post we see what early build not have samba, 4K, CEC, sound problems.

This BOX under native installed Android 7.1 and latest KODI working fine. Only one issue. Framerate auto switching. This is my cause to open observance to find alternatives.

Positive moment in the last NP build is very good downscaling speed and network cashing for 4K content. I dont have freezing and dropout. Maybe new drivers for Ethernet and hardware acceleration is implemented.

samba: install it yourself

framerate switching: that has always worked, just not for >1080p

4K: VOP problem is getting fixed now

if having CEC problems: I suggest rolling backwards to ayufan kernel 4.4.138-1100

if having sound problems: same; I suggest rolling backwards to ayufan kernel 4.4.138-1100

• Here you go:

• ve uploaded a new image with minimal changes: MEGA Let me know if everything still works

hello anybody know how to install this rom im my Videostrong-mecool vs rk3399 device

• ve uploaded a new image with minimal changes: MEGA Let me know if everything still works

hello anybody know how to install this rom im my Videostrong-mecool vs rk3399 device

Write image to SD card. Put SD card in the SD card slot and power on 3399

• AWESOME!

Will that VOPB fix make it upstream so everyone's builds will get better?

Pretty much everyone with any rockchip device is going to need their DTS fixed up.

( I also had to enable RKVDEC, RGA, VPU, and so forth, just to be able to decode HEVC/x265/4K@60fps. )

• i use two soft to burn

balenaEtcher-Setup-1.4.9-x64

LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32

and sd ca 2g

both shows ok but i put the sd card in the slot power on but nothing,any help please

• AWESOME!

Will that VOPB fix make it upstream so everyone's builds will get better?

Pretty much everyone with any rockchip device is going to need their DTS fixed up.

( I also had to enable RKVDEC, RGA, VPU, and so forth, just to be able to decode HEVC/x265/4K@60fps. )

That's the plan.

• i use two soft to burn

balenaEtcher-Setup-1.4.9-x64

LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32

and sd ca 2g

both shows ok but i put the sd card in the slot power on but nothing,any help please

Change HDMI input on TV or connect to PC Monitor via HDMI and check.

• That's the plan.

1) Is this build hardcoded to speak to Videostrong hardware, or does it contain the full DTB tree for the tons of rk3399 variants, such that if I threw it on my pine rockpro64, it would figure itself out?

2) What kernel version is it? ( if it's not exactly 4.4.138 I will be unable to use it, because my designware/synposis "i2s"/bridge driver goes bad past 4.4.138 which is what my rockpro64 uses for HDMI-carried audio I think?; anyway >4.4.138 floods dmesg with 'fail to clear' errors and audio goes -1,000x speed, sounds like a demon when you play a file if using >4.4.138). How would I even begin getting help with that?