Spotify Connect Web

• ok so the problem should be the missing app key. Since Spotify take so long or maybe doesnt even send them, is there an other possiblity to get my app key an create the needed data?

I don't know, but I doubt it as this is something that is something Spotify provides.

• Hi,

I've the following setup: Raspberry Pi 2 with Hifiberry DAC+, LibreELEC 7.90.010 (Kodi 17 Beta 7).

I set the DAC as Audio Output in the LibreELEC Settings. I configured the Spotify Addon with the Wizzard (Service at Port 4000 is running). When I press play, I don't hear anything. If I change the Audio Output in the LibreELEC settings to HDMI I can hear the music (through the Hifiberry DAC). When I change it back, I can't hear the music anymore

Could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

thanks!

I am not sure that Kodi and Spotify Connect Web can share the Hifiberry DAC+

• Here is my workaround for the Hifiberry Dac+:

I've installed the plugin "audio profiles" and created two profiles:
    1. HDMI
    2. Hifiberry Dac

I've configured a button on my CEC-Remote to switch between the profiles.

In the Spotify connect web addon I chose the Hifiberry Dac as output.

So if I want to use Kodi with the Hifiberry I chose the Hifiberry Dac profile and if I want to use the spotify addon I chose the HDMI profile (sound comes through Hifiberry Dac).

I hope that helps you
    Cheers
    Steffen

• Hello, starting in on this project for my rpi3/hifiberry digi combo, and not sure how to complete step 3,How do I access this folder? SSH? within libreelec somewhere? sorry for the basic question, but its just not clear to me :(

• Hello, starting in on this project for my rpi3/hifiberry digi combo, and not sure how to complete step 3,How do I access this folder? SSH? within libreelec somewhere? sorry for the basic question, but its just not clear to me :(

Use the file manager of your computer and browse Network > LIBREELEC > Userdata > addon_data > service.spotify-connect-web.
    You have reached the folder where to copy your key.

• Use the file manager of your computer and browse Network > LIBREELEC > Userdata > addon_data > service.spotify-connect-web.
    You have reached the folder where to copy your key.

Wow, quick reply, thanks! Ok i made it in, found the xml file, which value do I plug the key into? looks like this to me in notepad++:

<settings>
    <setting id="pcm_3" value="0" />
    <setting id="scw_b" value="320" />
    <setting id="scw_m" value="" />
    <setting id="scw_o" value="" />
    <setting id="scw_p" value="" />
    <setting id="scw_u" value="" />
    <setting id="vol_0" value="80" />
    </settings>

• FYI:

Please note that we have removed the LibSpotify binaries from our website in an effort to phase out the usage of this deprecated library. LibSpotify has been considered deprecated since 2015 and will be shut down in 2017, so we want to ensure that all developers’ efforts and attention are focused on newer and better APIs that we actively support and maintain. These APIs include the Web API, iOS and Android SDKs, and upcoming embedded libraries for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. More information regarding upcoming libraries will be provided in the coming months

Source:
    Libspotify SDK - Spotify Developer