Spotify Connect Web

• HI All!

thanks for all the work!

Question: It's possible to replace the name of the avahi service somehow?

maybe it's a good idea to adding the option to the addon configuration?
    and also the option to use avahi or not at all...

just suggestions...

Thanks again
    Best Regards!

• CarlosMC,

The service uses the hostname (libreelec by default) to announce itself. To change it, change the LE hostname.

Posts in this thread indicate that avahi simplifies setup and use of the addon. Do you have any objective reason to want to disable it?

Thanks for the answer!
    I was thinking this "TestConnection" in the avahi command is used to announce the service.

No really, just asking about disabling avahi in case someone don't want it.

• hi i try this addon for kszaq's LE8.0 32bit userspace, i'm using MXQ Quick Play s905
    i've received email from spotify, and placed the attachment in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.spotify-connect-web/
    when i execute

please help, thanks

• hi i try this addon for kszaq's LE8.0 32bit userspace, i'm using MXQ Quick Play s905
    i've received email from spotify, and placed the attachment in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.spotify-connect-web/
    when i execute

please help, thanks

Have you used the configuration wizard in the settings of the addon?

What is your sound device? What device and mixer does the wizard report?

• Have you used the configuration wizard in the settings of the addon?

What is your sound device? What device and mixer does the wizard report?

wow that was too quick reply
    yup i have filled some informations on the wizard, user/pass and picked one of the available playback device which is default:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO, but in the mixer setting only blank typable box, dont know what to fill in there

what else should i try?

Edited once, last by 2ami (December 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM).

• wow that was too quick reply
    yup i have filled some informations on the wizard, user/pass and picked one of the available playback device which is default:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO, but in the mixer setting only blank typable box, dont know what to fill in there
    what else should i try?

The addon will not work without a mixer.

I have encountered the same issue with an Odroid C2. Not sure how to solve it, maybe with a software mixer. But then, you need to ask someone who knows how to do that on LE.

• The addon will not work without a mixer.

I have encountered the same issue with an Odroid C2. Not sure how to solve it, maybe with a software mixer. But then, you need to ask someone who knows how to do that on LE.

hmm, i have no clue who's that someone, i just keep an eye on this thread instead
    keep up the good work awiouy

• Firstly, thank you to awiouy and any other person involved in getting this to work!

Long time user of XBMC/Kodi etc. Just installed LibreElec on my RPi3 and got Spotify Connect working without any issues. I love the fact that it "just works" after initial setup. My only concern is what Spotify mentioned in their mail:

Perhaps this is just a disclaimer they've been using for a long time, though does anyone know if there is a proper successor to libspotify?

Anyway, thanks for this great solution! :cool: :D :)

Edit: This is probably old news here - Libspotify SDK - Spotify Developer I hope that developers will be able to use their upcoming API for stuff like Kodi/LibreElec.

Edited once, last by nooryani84 (December 22, 2016 at 12:47 AM).

• Hello there,

Sorry for my bad english, im trying my best!

so here is my problem:
    I get no output sound over my TV.

I have a PI 3 with the newest LE Version. I made the following steps:
    1. activate BT an connect with my iPhone 6s
    2. install Spotify Connect Web
    3. enter my username and password
    4. bit rate on -
    5. When i click on configuration ASLA there is only default and sysdefault. Mixer ist set on PCM. There is no other possibility.
    6. Playback Route is set von auto detect

On my iPhone Spotify detects LE and is able to connect, But there is no sound ... I also tryed to change my audio output in the kodi settings but still doenst work.
    I also dont understand how to check port 4000 like the instructions tells me to.

• BT is not needed unless you're using a BT speaker. Did you do step 2 and 3 from the original post?

• really? otherwise Spotify doenst detect LE in the device list.

No i didnt, still waiting for my key. Could take a few weeks. But other users told me, that its not needed since u can enter username and password. Like the instructions say "optionally...". Or am i getting it wrong?

• really? otherwise Spotify doenst detect LE in the device list.

No i didnt, still waiting for my key. Could take a few weeks. But other users told me, that its not needed since u can enter username and password. Like the instructions say "optionally...". Or am i getting it wrong?

The username and password is optional, not any of the other steps. I never have bluetooth enabled unless I'm using an external bluetooth device, so I'm not quite sure what's going on there.

Edited once, last by nooryani84 (December 29, 2016 at 2:06 AM).

• ok so the problem should be the missing app key. Since Spotify take so long or maybe doesnt even send them, is there an other possiblity to get my app key an create the needed data?

• Hi,

I've the following setup: Raspberry Pi 2 with Hifiberry DAC+, LibreELEC 7.90.010 (Kodi 17 Beta 7).

I set the DAC as Audio Output in the LibreELEC Settings. I configured the Spotify Addon with the Wizzard (Service at Port 4000 is running). When I press play, I don't hear anything. If I change the Audio Output in the LibreELEC settings to HDMI I can hear the music (through the Hifiberry DAC). When I change it back, I can't hear the music anymore

Could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

thanks!

Edited once, last by effe.rnr (January 4, 2017 at 4:23 PM).