[8.90.6]Playback problems and much more...:)

• Just did some more test's and both my Nexbox and MeCool have no such shifting. Dose it stop when you pause the video?

I just checked and it doesn't appear to, although it's a little hard to tell as my eyes start playing tricks on me once I start staring at things :p. My first thoughts were maybe something to do with deinterlacing but it's also doing it on progressive videos.

Your post just now made me think of some kind of anti-burn-in done by the TV but I don't think it is that as it's never done it before and I've only started noticing it on 8.90.6. Most of the time it's not noticeable it's just when I'm watching something with a static camera, like in a TV studio I notice the picture shifting around.

• I see the same effects on 8.90.6.

This, and picture freezing/audio dropping that weren't there in 8.90.5.

The new kernel just isnt there yet in my opinion. Gone back to 8.90.5 and living with the occasional lockup when stopping local content.

Really hope the a/v moves forward in future builds. Right now the best version would be an alpha2 kodi version with kszaqs kernel... Will be following progress if and when it moves on...

• I just checked and it doesn't appear to, although it's a little hard to tell as my eyes start playing tricks on me once I start staring at things :p. My first thoughts were maybe something to do with deinterlacing but it's also doing it on progressive videos.

Your post just now made me think of some kind of anti-burn-in done by the TV but I don't think it is that as it's never done it before and I've only started noticing it on 8.90.6. Most of the time it's not noticeable it's just when I'm watching something with a static camera, like in a TV studio I notice the picture shifting around.

If it's a TV problem, than you should see it with all your boxes(see that you have listed s905D & S905) in what ever version. If you only see it on one box, i would thing it's a faulty chip/connection. Or maybe you are draining to much power from the USB ports.

• No, imo the picture definately has a 'tremble'. Not everyone might notice but to me the picture is not 'steady' for lack of a better word. That and the frequent freezes on playback start made me revert. I will leave 90.6 on a testsystem in case GDPR-2 decides to look at this and asks feedback.

• I mentioned this in the other thread before it was closed but has anyone else experienced the picture shifting a pixel or so left and right constantly with 8.90.6? It's really noticeable on any video with static vertical lines. I thought it was just with DVB stuff but I've noticed it on other videos too now.

Had a good look with several Live TV channels including some with very static backgrounds (one had a block wall where I felt if there was a shift it would have been noticeable.

Using a Tanix Tx 3 Mini

I do have de-interlacing turned off in the Extra Community settings, to prevent colour bleed which is a problem with this box on some HD channels, mostly the BBC ones.

Maybe that changes things for me.

• I'm having tons of problems with this release, to the point it's unusable.

Does anybody have a mirror for the 8.90.4 version (for s905x)? Would be much appreciated, since I can't seemingly find older releases anywhere.

• Found this clip:Clip

When the picture is not moving, there is not one single pixel that has movement. It's completely stable, with setting my resolution 1080p or 1080i.

If I Disable deinterlacing (reboot) in system setting, then the lines are all over the place.

• I'm having tons of problems with this release, to the point it's unusable.

Does anybody have a mirror for the 8.90.4 version (for s905x)? Would be much appreciated, since I can't seemingly find older releases anywhere.

I've just made a quick test.

AAC, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HD, TrueHD, LPCM passthrough OK.

UHD BD plays fine except I have to wait 5-10 sec until the video starts.

Some of my 4k test files (for example 4K_HD.Club_Showreel-2013-100mbps) cannot play, there is no video signal on tv until I stop it blindly.

For daily use why don't you use LE 7 or LE 8?

• I've just made a quick test.

AAC, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HD, TrueHD, LPCM passthrough OK.

UHD BD plays fine except I have to wait 5-10 sec until the video starts.

Some of my 4k test files (for example 4K_HD.Club_Showreel-2013-100mbps) cannot play, there is no video signal on tv until I stop it blindly.

For daily use why don't you use LE 7 or LE 8?

AAC 2.0 Don't work on my KI pro(S905D), But it works on my Nexbox(S905X).