8.2.4 MR audio issue

• Hello, I'm having this issue since I updated to the newest version 8.2.4 MR, the problem is that the audio has a crackling noise when I use tvheadend, I have the RPI 3 (not the new one), If I open the channel from the network with VLC I don't notice any crackling noise.

I copied an image of the previous version and there is no noise but when I update to the new version (8.2.4 MR) the noise is back so I'm sure it's a problem with the newest update of Libreelec.

I use the 3.5 jack with the analog "audio output device" setting.

Edited once, last by Petes (March 18, 2018 at 3:38 PM).

• Hello,

Crackling sound here too on a raspberry 3B+.

I2s output.

audio_pwm_mode=2 didn't fix.

Reducing audio level in kodi by 2 steps make it disappear but a better fix is welcome ;)

Edit : still slight clipping distorsion with 2 steps reduction. 3 steps is safer with loud tracks

Edited once, last by grael (March 20, 2018 at 8:35 PM).

• grael

Do you get the same issue when using the newer firmware on 8.2.3 builds?

Do you have Resample Qualtiy set to "GPU accelerated" in Settings->System->Audio (settings level must be advanced or expert to see/change that)?

Does it go away when changing Resampling Quality to Medium or High?

so long,

Hias

• I tried audio_pwm_mode=2 and it didn't work, the "Resample Qualtiy" is medium but no matter what I set it to the problem is not solved.

Something that I noticed is that if I change the "Audio output device" from "analogue" to "hdmi" or "analogue and hdmi" while playing a channel the audio gets distorted, it's like a low pitch so everything has a grave sound. The only way I know to fix the pitch issue is to reboot libreelec.

• HiassofT

Resample Quality is set to Medium

But there is no resampling as 'Audio output configuration' is set to 'Best match'

I may try a 8.2.3 build with newer firmware but it will take a few time (I need to rebuild from sources to use a custom overlay...)

• +1 , 8.2.4 has been really problematic for me on RPI2. I experienced system freezes during playback which only reboot fixed. The only workaround that seem to fix this is rolling back to 8.2.3

• Disabling deinterlace fixes it, Bob (half) is better, Bob is the worse (and I think that "Auto" selects this one), the two Advanced options also fix the issue.

Edited once, last by Petes (March 24, 2018 at 1:05 AM).