Posts by Petes

Hello, I've been trying to play 32X games in the PI3 with picodrive but I get an error message saying "Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred." Here's what the logs say:

picodrive version 1.92.0.10.1

LE 9.8.2

Hello, is anybody else having the issue that the youtube addon no longer loads thumbnail previews for the videos? I've been having this issues for 3 days, tried clearing the thumbnails and renaming the textures13.db file but they still don't load, actually the older ones do load, it's like youtube changed something and they suddenly stopped loading.

Thanks for any help

I find it hard to believe that your ISP blocked NTP - I would call them up, as I find that unacceptable.

It's not Kodi nor LE that is using NTP it's the underlying Linux software that uses NTP.

Why do you think NTP is blocked?

Yeah, I know because one day (april 30th) all my computers stopped syncing the time, I have tried accessing NTP with my computers and my phone in airplane mode through Internet and I have an app to test NTP servers so I'm pretty sure the blocked it, that or some firmware update in my router.

Having no NTP access is more noticeable with libreelec because my RPI has no battery and many addons break without the right time. I talked to my ISP and after 3 days of insisting they decided to actually investigate, they told me that yes there is a problem that is also affecting other services (no idea what it means) but I'm still waiting for it to get solved, I don't have many hopes for a prompt fix though.

So, my ISP blocked NTP servers and I'm trying to find alternatives so I installed an NTP server in my Android phone but there seem to be limitations within Android and it can't use port 123 so I tried using port 1233 but when I try to configure Libreelec it won't let me enter a port number next to the IP Adress field.

So I want to suggest a feature for Libreelec to allow inputing port numbers for NTP time servers.

Thank you.<3

My zip file virtual.rpi-tools-9.0.105.RPi2.zip contains gpiozero 1.5.0 which should not needed setuptools from Python. But it needs colorzero package (which is included in addon).

Uninstalling addon virtual.rpi-tools and install my version from ZIP should also work. Or just installing. So many options :|

Thank you, I'm no sure what the problem was but it works now!

Under closer inspection, I believe that gpiozero may be badly installed? All I did was to move the gpiozero 1.5.0 folder inside "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib", considering that the error seems to be very similar to the one from 1.4.1 may I suggest that gpiozero is not installed as it should in LE 9.0? Or some compatibility issue with python 2?

Ok, I made it, I installed gpiozero 1.5 but now I get this error:

LibreELEC:~ # python shutdown-press-simple.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "shutdown-press-simple.py", line 5, in <module>

from gpiozero import Button

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib/gpiozero/__init__.py", line 97, in <module>

from .output_devices import (

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib/gpiozero/output_devices.py", line 45, in <module>

from colorzero import Color

ImportError: No module named colorzero

Seems gpiozero needs setuptools package which is not present on LE.

Can you try this version with gpiozero 1.5.0? virtual.rpi-tools-9.0.105.rpi2.zip

Code
    wget -O virtual.rpi-tools-9.0.105.RPi2.zip http://vpeter.libreelec.tv/RPi2/virtual.rpi-tools-9.0.105.RPi2.zip
    unzip virtual.rpi-tools-9.0.105.RPi2.zip -d /storage/.kodi/addons

Yeah 9.0.105 is the same that already comes with the LE 9.0 repo but I ran the commands anyway, the result is the same, it still doesn't work, same error message from my first post.

Edit:

Sorry my bad, I'm still using gpiozero 1.4.1, I'll try to install 1.5.0 and post the result here but right now I have no idea on how to install it on LE

So, I just wanted to update the issue, I installed the final 9.0 release and the problem seemed to be fixed since I pushed the button and libreelec shutdown successfully but it only worked one time, right after the installation but now gpiozero is not working again.

Same error message as above.