NTP timeserver port

• So, my ISP blocked NTP servers and I'm trying to find alternatives so I installed an NTP server in my Android phone but there seem to be limitations within Android and it can't use port 123 so I tried using port 1233 but when I try to configure Libreelec it won't let me enter a port number next to the IP Adress field.

So I want to suggest a feature for Libreelec to allow inputing port numbers for NTP time servers.

Thank you.<3

• Official Post

I find it hard to believe that your ISP blocked NTP - I would call them up, as I find that unacceptable.

It's not Kodi nor LE that is using NTP it's the underlying Linux software that uses NTP.

Why do you think NTP is blocked?

• I find it hard to believe that your ISP blocked NTP - I would call them up, as I find that unacceptable.

It's not Kodi nor LE that is using NTP it's the underlying Linux software that uses NTP.

Why do you think NTP is blocked?

Yeah, I know because one day (april 30th) all my computers stopped syncing the time, I have tried accessing NTP with my computers and my phone in airplane mode through Internet and I have an app to test NTP servers so I'm pretty sure the blocked it, that or some firmware update in my router.

Having no NTP access is more noticeable with libreelec because my RPI has no battery and many addons break without the right time. I talked to my ISP and after 3 days of insisting they decided to actually investigate, they told me that yes there is a problem that is also affecting other services (no idea what it means) but I'm still waiting for it to get solved, I don't have many hopes for a prompt fix though.