Constant ntp requests on Rock Pi 4 Lebreelec

• I have a pihole on my network that is working fine. I recently bought Rock Pi 4 B and installed Libreelec. The date and time are never correct on Libreelec and also it keeps pinging the following ntp server non stop; 0.ntp.pool.org, 1.ntp.pool.org, 2.ntp.pool.org and 3.ntp.pool.org

Libreelec is the only device that keeps requesting these non stop pings. The number of pings can easily go up to 3000 requests in a matter of minutes.

I tried to install Debian desktop image for Rock Pi 4 and Android Tv image and the issue does not happen on these two images but unfortunately the sound quality from Kodi was very bad so I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue using Libreelec and was able to resolve it.

I tried installing libreelec on a raspberry pi and again the ntp requests are constant.

It seems to be an issue with libreelec itself.

Any thoughts or help?

Thanks in advance

• I'm having issues with pool.ntp.org servers today too, you can try switching to other server.

You can set the date and time manually like this (including the quotes):

Code
    date -s 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'

Edited 5 times, last by Petes: Added more details for the posterity's sake. (May 1, 2019 at 6:32 AM).