x96 with s905x

• Has anyone had any luck booting from sd card with x96/s905x and can this box or any android box be booted from usb.I thought id bought a 1gb/8 box but storage and kodi are showing a 2gb/16 box so i might need to try a few divice trees .I believe maybe a sandisk ultra card will be good to try with.Would 8gb card be enough or would 16gb be best,

Thanks

• Has anyone had any luck booting from sd card with x96/s905x and can this box or any android box be booted from usb.I thought id bought a 1gb/8 box but storage and kodi are showing a 2gb/16 box so i might need to try a few divice trees .I believe maybe a sandisk ultra card will be good to try with.Would 8gb card be enough or would 16gb be best,

Thanks

i have a x96 Pro Xnano and it booted fine from sd card.

Do you have a X96 box or You have the same as me?

• the x96 pro xnano seems a little more expensive than mine.Trouble is theres so many makes and variations hard to find firmware if you need it

• what sd card are you using and did you use right dtb file(device tree) first time.Only asking as i know they have different write speeds.i got my box cheap and wasnt expecting much but its performed quite well with kodi on android.

• I have x96 xgody and its been great with libreelec. currently on 8.2.3.1 and not perfect but pretty good, run from internal ram but can load a SD card and boot from that with the toothpick in the audio jack if needed,

Lately had to add a cron job to reboot at 2am as samba access from network computer was failing. SSH was working ok.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practise, but in practise there is!