S905x support, what is needed?

• Virtex Realtek 8723BS Bluetooth has been fixed in 7.0.2.007. The latest Jarvis build is 7.0.2.009. Moreover you're not using my build, I can't provide support for that.

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM).

• Virtex Realtek 8723BS Bluetooth has been fixed in 7.0.2.007. The latest Jarvis build is 7.0.2.009. Moreover you're not using my build, I can't provide support for that.

:| !! I'so sorry :( I really didn't know there were different build from different developers. Believe me when I say it is very difficult, for a linux system and network administrator too as I'm, to follow development thread for these devices.
    I hope very soon all excellent developers like you can unify their work.
    That said, please forgive me because I made your time wasted. Now I'll turn to your build and I'll come back :D

• thank you all for your efforts !!!
    Anyone else having problem with the subtitles services? There is no option to add any of them. Furthermore, i cannot find the PVR addons in the settings. I would like to use IPTV Simple PVR. Any suggestions?
    I installed LibreElec in my Nexbox A95X using the TWRP method.

• thank you all for your efforts !!!
    Anyone else having problem with the subtitles services? There is no option to add any of them.

Are you sure you haven't missed the change in subtitle support in Kodi, where you have to add subtitle providers as separate addons ?

• Are you sure you haven't missed the change in subtitle support in Kodi, where you have to add subtitle providers as separate addons ?

I might just have! I am using Kodi 16.1 on my laptop which seems to be the same version as the one installed in the TV Box. On my laptop i have installed the subtitle providers via the "Get more" option in the settings. I thought it would be the same for the LibreElec which is based on 16.1 as well.
    Anyway, i will look the add-ons repository tomorrow and get back to you.
    Thank you for your reply!!!!!!

edit: both the subtitles services and the PVR addons are on the settings-->addons waiting to be installed. Thank you again for giving me the hint :)

Edited once, last by katsikaki (January 6, 2017 at 6:30 PM).

• Has anyone tried these builds yet with the Xiaomi Mi Box yet? It looks to me like the perfect S905X box, available in the US, well supported, 4k and HDR... etc.

AFAIK nobody on staff has one (or at best maybe one person has) and I doubt Xiaomi can spell Linux. You might want to adjust your definition of well supported.

• Virtex To run my builds you should always use device tree from the ones provided in download folder. Bluetooth issue most likely isn't related to device tree but my crystal ball refuses to work without logs. ;)

Now we know why you are so good, you have a Chrystal ball. :)

• Mini M8S II (2G/8G):

• download latest devel build (2016-10-03-devel)
    • make SD card (Installation - LibreELEC)
    • insert SD card a power on with pressed reset button (hole on bottom side)
    • device boot from SD card
    • on another PC connect with SSH (root/libreelec)
    • type „installtointernal“
    • after reboot, power off device, remove SD card and enjoy LibreElec on Mini M8S II
    • everything works

Thx for all you work

Hi,

I wanted to register here just to say thank You for this. I was using Xannytech rom on my Mini M8S II and while it was pretty good mostly, I had some huge issues with CEC. Now that I have installed Libreelec on this device, all these issues are gone. I had also some kind of "microstuttering" on some movies when panning, but this is also fixed now.

Then as a little off topic question, does anyone happen to know if there is an addon for watching game recaps from nhl.com? Not full games or anything illegal stuff, just the recaps that can be seen using browser?

edit. I forgot to mention that there is a minor issue, back/return button on device's remote controller does absolutely nothing, even after copying remote.conf. However, now that everything else is ok, I'm able to control it using my Sony TV remote control, so situation is even better than before in this sence too.

Edited once, last by mx77 (January 27, 2017 at 12:44 PM).

• Is there some way to get power on using remote to work with nexbox a95x (s905x cpu). Do I have to extract u-boot from android firmware or what do I do?

Power-on IR key code is compiled into u-boot. You have to ask Nexbox to fix their u-boot to include a proper IR code to wake up the box.

• Power-on IR key code is compiled into u-boot. You have to ask Nexbox to fix their u-boot to include a proper IR code to wake up the box.

I dont remember 100% but I am pretty sure it was working with stock android 6.0. In few days I will receive another nexbox so will test power on functionality.

• I dont remember 100% but I am pretty sure it was working with stock android 6.0. In few days I will receive another nexbox so will test power on functionality.

I am pretty sure that there is no true suspend in Android, only turning of the screen... what has been said many times.

• Power-on IR key code is compiled into u-boot. You have to ask Nexbox to fix their u-boot to include a proper IR code to wake up the box.

Thanks for that information kszaq.

So if we get the source code of the uboot, could we change the IR power key and use other remote to power on the device?

It will be great!

Regards.