S905x support, what is needed?

• Mini M8S ii - success. Now i am off to explore libreelec ;)

update 1: Already used "installtointernal". I added a 64GB microsd card after that (before it was a 8GB card just as the internal flash size).

How do i make use of the new card now ? Mount it as /data ? I think /var/media/mmcblk1p1-mmc-APPSD_0x0000071d will not be used by kodi.

update 2: I formatted the 64GB card now as ext4 and then it is no longer recognized.

Update 3: The SD card slot is toast now. Good that the system is already installed internally.

What exactly does one need to do in order to install to the internal memory?

Also, any idea why was the SD card not being recognised? I'd only flash to internal to use my micro SD card as storage for Kodi so, if that doesn't work for some reason, there's no point in flashing to internal.

What was your SD card format before you formatted it to ext4?

• What exactly does one need to do in order to install to the internal memory?

Also, any idea why was the SD card not being recognised? I'd only flash to internal to use my micro SD card as storage for Kodi so, if that doesn't work for some reason, there's no point in flashing to internal.

It does work if you wish to do that.

Use Rufus to burn kszacs image to a microSD in dd mode
    Put microSD in your box and hold the reset button on the bottom and then plug the power in whilst keeping hold of the reset button
    When LibreELEC boots, enable SSH in the initial configuration wizard
    Use PuTTY to SSH to your box (can find your box IP in system info)
    Type installtointernal on the shell

#jobdone

• GDPR-2 Thanks a lot!

Then I can format my SD to any format recognised by the box and that's it? Any recommended format?

Again, thank you for the quick reply, will try this tomorrow.

Only format it after you have install LibreELEC to the NAND, Rufus takes care of everything before hand, after everything is installed I would probably just stick with FAT32 unless you plan store files bigger than 4GB on it. Good luck.

Short video of LE booting on the S905X,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (September 17, 2016 at 4:30 AM).

• What exactly does one need to do in order to install to the internal memory?

I bought a brand new "Samsung Pro 64GB", it seems to be fake. It worked only a couple of times and when i reinserted it after checking if the ext4 fs was ok it started to smoke and now the sd slot no longer works. It came preformatted with FAT32 i think but to use the SD card as a normal filesystem this is not the best choice for libreelec.
    You just need to be able to boot your system from sd card (or maybe USB works also) and then you ssh to it as user root and execute "installtointernal".

So my only option to increase the internal disk space now is to use a USB stick.

Btw - my tests so far show that kodi works much better than with android. WAV files have the correct speed, surround sound works. I also added a Logitech K400 keyboard and it works out of the box. The remote control works better than with Android, all keys work while with Android some keys did not and could not even be mapped.

Performance seems to be even better than my NUC DN2820FYKH - at least scanning some media files was faster.

• Just thought I would share something back to the community, TX3 Pro remote config BFMuKNGN

Spent all evening figuring out the correct key mappings as none of the keymaps I found online had worked.

kszaq your latest image works great on the TX3 Pro 1G/8G, no more mount issue, seems to enter and resume from standby and no issues with installtointernal as well :)

Can't see any issues so far everything works.

Cracking progress, massive improvement over Kodi on Android.

Where do I put this keymaps? which file is it?

• The cheapest S905X box I could find - T95X. I plan to use it only for S905X troubleshooting as I'm perfectly happy with WeTek Hub as my main device. :)

Do you mind if I ask you which brand (Sunvell, Iteevee, Anewkodi, ... ) and how many Ram?

I'm looking for a s905x cheap box with a decent chance to work well with your kodi builds.

Many thanks kszaq.

• Hi all,

I have the Sunvell T95X Amlogic S905X device.

I have used the LibreElec USB-SD creator to burn the latest dev build (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz) to a micro SD card.

As far as I can see, my device does not have a physical hardware reset button for a toothpick. I have used quick boot, in order to boot to recovery. Can someone please advise the next steps that I need to follow in order to boot LibreElec from the SD card?

Many thanks in advance

Edit - I saw on another thread that I should delete the dtb.img file from the SD card and then reboot to recovery, however I just end up on the Recovery screen (Green android logo).

Any ideas please?

Cheers
    [hr]

All sorted after just creating a dummy.zip file on the root of the SD as mentioned in a previous post.
    Inserted the SD card into the device and then used the Android "Update & Backup" tool to select the Dummy.zip file. I then chose the "Update" option and android rebooted into LibreElec as expected.

Cheers

• Only driver source code will help. Firmware is already available and it can also be easily extracted from Android ROM. I will reach out to Beelink, they were quite helpful in the past regarding their S805 devices.

I have sent them a few emails to addresses listed on their website, but no one has replied. :@

Hopefully you have a better contact.

• Even if we don't get a reply from Beelink/Netxeon, Amlogic should eventually post the drivers.

Curious to know if LAN works on the MXII II? Was thinking of ordering one for a friend, wifi/bt is not an issue if LAN works.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 17, 2016 at 7:13 PM).

• Only driver source code will help. Firmware is already available and it can also be easily extracted from Android ROM. I will reach out to Beelink, they were quite helpful in the past regarding their S805 devices.

I'm sorry, please excuse my naivete on what you are looking for exactly - is the driver file not included in this package? wifi-fw-2016-08-18-5f5fae7239.tar.gz - there is a driver there for Qcom9377 (by all accounts the CM273SM is based on the QCA9377)

• DEcosse This package provides firmware but not the driver. Both firmware and driver are needed. You can see that in Amlogic download folder Index of /download/ARM/wifi there are many tarballs with Realtek, Broadcom and Mediatek drivers but there is no Qualcomm driver. I also know that QCA9377 driver is available in compat sources but it is only for PCI devices and we need SDIO driver.

I will try compiling a driver from Codeaurora.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 17, 2016 at 8:15 PM).

• Curious to know if LAN works on the MXII II? Was thinking of ordering one for a friend, wifi/bt is not an issue if LAN works.

Yes, the LAN did work. I haven't installed it to NAND yet so wasn't able to test performance.

Here at my house I would only be using LAN, but was going to get one for my father who would be using WiFi.

Maybe I'll install on NAND to see how it goes
    [hr]

If anyone wants to try, you can test my latest dev build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

I identified an issue in my changes that lead to "Could not mount" even on my S905 box, now corrected. :P

Keep in mind that it contains some untested changes that I play with, related to powering the box. I would be grateful for information whether it boots OK on S905X.

I tested this build and it booted no problem, but I had some LAN streaming issues (both FTP and SMB).

It was saying something like, out of mem before buffer full. Then it wouldn't keep running out when playing movie so would pause to fill. I tried 2 different installs, even restored OTA firmware and tried fresh install to SD-NAND.

I didn't grab logs, because I wasn't sure what the problem was as no one else complained about it here. Anyways went back to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f and don't have the same problem.

BTW this was on my T95X 1G/8G

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 17, 2016 at 8:28 PM).

• Ah sorry, you did try to explain that in your earlier reply, but I hadn't fully understood.
    If I (now) understand correctly most of those in the index are the actual driver files and the last 5 or so are the firmware files.
    I think I got it! :D
    Your patience is amazing!

Edited once, last by DEcosse (September 17, 2016 at 9:22 PM).

• I've booted to the LibreELEC-S905X.aarch64-7.0.2.006.2 on my Mini M8S via microSD but I get an invalid IP on my Wired Ethernet (169.254.x.x) and since the wireless is so poor on this thing I can't even get connected. I've tried unplugging the ethernet, rebooting my router, etc. I had a bit of a wi-fi connection for a little but it fizzled out. Has there been a fix for this or an updated/alternate file I should be using?

Also, the clock is set to the incorrect time/day which I'm unable to fix inside of Kodi (this was a common problem with the Mini M8S) and the mouse on the K400 Logitech keyboard is super slow. On the Android side of things I'm running build LMY47V-201604291837
    Kernal ver. 3.14.29
    ROM ver. 106L03
    Android 5.1.1
    Security Patch level is 2015-11-01

EDIT: I realized I booted with the 905X file instead of the regular 905. Rebooted it and it still gives an invalid IP for my Ethernet but works totally fine in Kodi under the stock Android OS. Wireless works a little but still not enough to stream anything.

I ended up solving my issue by I putting the correct device tree on my SDcard (gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb) and everything works great so far! Aside from the extremely slow K400 touchpad cursor. ;)

Edited once, last by circledrag (September 18, 2016 at 10:51 PM).