Posts by redcomet

Instead of bothering with it by editing this and disable/enable that in LibreElec/Kodi why don't you just buy a simple, cheap Remote Control like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coycoye-Contro…aps%2C75&sr=8-4

I've got this Remote Control by myself and it works "right out of the Box" with LibreElec on my PC.

Hello, by chance do you know if it works well (I'm still searching a good/compatible one out of the box) even on the Libreelec/Raspberry Pi4?

Many Thanks.

Hi to all

Here MK808B+ (libreelec 7.0.3.1).

My WiFi Lan's ssid is hidden and libreelec (any version) has never been able to see it (to see a hidden/anonymous wlan) and it never gives me the opportunity to enter a new connection's credentials (wlan's name/password).

Does it exist any solution for this?

Many Thanks

Any hint/info?

Is it normal that i can't connect in no way to my wlan with hidden ssid? :huh:

Many thanks.

Hi to all

Here MK808B+ (libreelec 7.0.3.1).

My WiFi Lan's ssid is hidden and libreelec (any version) has never been able to see it (to see a hidden/anonymous wlan) and it never gives me the opportunity to enter a new connection's credentials (wlan's name/password).

Does it exist any solution for this?

Many Thanks

redcomet Try 7.0.2.6, the issue with build.prop has been resolved in that one.

Edit:
    - On sd root: inserted the files "factory_update_param.aml" and "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip".
    - In recovery console, "apply update from EXT"--> "Update from sdcard", selected "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip" file.
    Console's progress:
    ---------------------
    <CUT>
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    Backing up device tree and remote.conf
    set metadata: some changes failed

Install from sdcard complete
    ---------------------

I tried more time but It failed (set metadata: some changes failed). :huh:

Now when i boot the Tronsmart (without sd inside) no more old Openelec 6.0.3.8, It goes directly to recovery console only.

Thanks

Ok, I'm going to retry, thanks

Edit:
    - On sd root: inserted the files "aml_autoscript", "factory_update_param.aml" and "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5-update.zip".
    - In recovery console, "apply update from EXT"--> "Update from sdcard", selected "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5-update.zip" file
    Console's progress:
    ---------------------
    <CUT>
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    read_file() loading "/system/build.prop" failed: no such file or directory

Install from sdcard complete
    ---------------------
    :cry: Thankkkks

redcomet The easiest for you would be to update from OpenELEC using .tar file. You can do this up to 7.0.2.5, then update 7.0.2.5 to 7.0.2.6 if you wish.

Flashing in recovery wipes you data and you start with a fresh system. If toothpick doesn't work for you, you can try booting into recovery without SD card, then insert card and select file to flash manually.

Sorry but I'm a noob.

Anyway, here my steps:

- put LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.tar on sd root (fat32).
    - boot my tronsmart (with sd inside) with toothpick method.
    - Now I'm in recovery console.
    - swap boot sd with sd (fat32 also) containing the file "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip"
    - In recovery console, selected "apply update from EXT" and then "Update from sdcard":
    here I selected "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip", Enter.
    - Recovery console tells:

E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

:( Thanks

Hi.

I'm trying to install 7.0.2.6 build (LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6.zip) on my Tronsmart MK808B+'s (now is with Openelec 6.0.3.8) NAND without success.

I tried with toothpick method: no luck; the tv screen continues to switch from "Google Tv" screen and android's green robot (with update bar) and so on (10 minutes and more).

The LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6.zip file include "factory_update_param.aml" and "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip" files only (no "aml_autoscript" file mentioned in LibreELEC ).

Edit: tried with LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip too: no luck again :(

Many Thanks

The cheapest S905X box I could find - T95X. I plan to use it only for S905X troubleshooting as I'm perfectly happy with WeTek Hub as my main device. :)

Do you mind if I ask you which brand (Sunvell, Iteevee, Anewkodi, ... ) and how many Ram?

I'm looking for a s905x cheap box with a decent chance to work well with your kodi builds.

Many thanks kszaq.