LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

• I have an X92 box and you managed to help me setup my front display on LE. I don't remember how, but it was dependent on the dtb.img, driver version, and config file.

Now I use CoreElec (where front display works OK) so can't provide more info to help, sorry...

did you get the display working on le?

• I just came across this thread and have a Vorke Z6 Plus with CoreELEC 8.95 on it so I thought I would try to get this working. I installed CoreELEC 8.95 with the DTB gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.dtb and it works great, even working with my Vorke remote which LE didnt.

Anyway I installed OpenVFD from the CoreELEC repo and copied vorke-z6-vfd.conf from the link in Post #1 to \\mybox\configfiles and I rebooted and immediately the time came up.

Great work guys! Thanks very much!

• I just came across this thread and have a Vorke Z6 Plus with CoreELEC 8.95 on it so I thought I would try to get this working. I installed CoreELEC 8.95 with the DTB gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.dtb and it works great, even working with my Vorke remote which LE didnt.

Anyway I installed OpenVFD from the CoreELEC repo and copied vorke-z6-vfd.conf from the link in Post #1 to \\mybox\configfiles and I rebooted and immediately the time came up.

Great work guys! Thanks very much!

Do you have working icons on your box? My TX92 (similar to Vorke) only has working clock and display modes (temp, playback time, etc)

• OpenVFD is no longer limited to just the front LED displays on TV Boxes. If you have a Odroid C2, KVIM2 or Le Potato, you can add a LCD or OLED display to your setup. Currently in the works, support for 200x200 monochrome e-ink/e-paper displays.

Here's a small gallery of how it looks.

• hi im using 8.2.4.2 test2 on tanix tx3 mini and the front screen just shows boot is there a way around this

Well read my post #336 on this thread which will link you to The Coolests post #126 on Page 7. Yes it will be possible as I have my later Tanix TX9 Pro S912 box working fine with the front panel display which before also just showed "boot". So get the files that The Coolest page 7 post links to, and follow the instructions. You will have to replace your device tree file with the equivalent replacement one which is modified for the vfd driver. When you set it up you will likely get a Permissions error which will require changing the linux file attributes on the main FD628Service file, but this is an easy ssh chmod 777 <file name> command into your box. I can help you with that too if needed now that I am aware of how it all works.

• Well read my post #336 on this thread which will link you to The Coolests post #126 on Page 7. Yes it will be possible as I have my later Tanix TX9 Pro S912 box working fine with the front panel display which before also just showed "boot". So get the files that The Coolest page 7 post links to, and follow the instructions. You will have to replace your device tree file with the equivalent replacement one which is modified for the vfd driver. When you set it up you will likely get a Permissions error which will require changing the linux file attributes on the main FD628Service file, but this is an easy ssh chmod 777 <file name> command into your box. I can help you with that too if needed now that I am aware of how it all works.

thanks ive sent you a message

• Do you have working icons on your box? My TX92 (similar to Vorke) only has working clock and display modes (temp, playback time, etc)

The icons work also, I see the |> (play) icon when something is playing as well as an icon telling me I am on WiFi and I was able to set the LED to count down the remaining time left in the video which is handy when my wife asks how much longer she has to watch this crap 8o

• Well read my post #336 on this thread which will link you to The Coolests post #126 on Page 7. Yes it will be possible as I have my later Tanix TX9 Pro S912 box working fine with the front panel display which before also just showed "boot". So get the files that The Coolest page 7 post links to, and follow the instructions. You will have to replace your device tree file with the equivalent replacement one which is modified for the vfd driver. When you set it up you will likely get a Permissions error which will require changing the linux file attributes on the main FD628Service file, but this is an easy ssh chmod 777 <file name> command into your box. I can help you with that too if needed now that I am aware of how it all works.

Hi Ray,

Im trying to get this working on my TX9 box.

Im on LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img

I used the gxm_q200_3g.dtb from the Oclock-GPU-new-device-trees-S912-levfd link posted in #126.

I also used the vorke-z6-vfd.conf as suggested.

I have the display working but the time is upside down.

Im wondering if the vfd.conf is the correct one. Maye you could post your .dtb and .conf files for me.

Thanks

• Hi matey

That is strange because The Coolest rewrote that Z6 vfd.conf to correct it beign upside down on the TX9 Pro. As you established the boxes are identical internally except the actual mainboard is mouinted the other way up to the Z6 on the TX9. So now there is a dedicated TX9 Pro vfd conf file which corrects it but the Z6 one shoudl have remained unaltered.

So all I can think is the Z6 one was also accidentally modified to be the same as the TX9. If so you will have to ask The Coolest to restore it to it's previous dedicated Z6 state and your display should then be the correct way up for you. I would PM him for such help BTW. I will also take a look at the vfd.conf file and see if I can find the way to fix it as a good challenge for me :-).

• kodiuser1

You should use the TX9 Pro vfd, I just added it to the repository.

tanix-tx9-pro-vfd.conf

But he has the Z6 box in which the mainboard is the same but physically mounted in the other other way up ,and thus why I had the upside down display on my TX9 when usign the Z6 vfd.conf ?? So are you sure that will fix it for his Z6 box as sounds illogical. I have send him my original Z6 vfd.conf file I still had for the Z6 box which gave me the upside down display when I used it on the TX9 Pro.

• kodiuser1

They are not the same...

• kodiuser1

They are not the same...

Ahh I see they are actually different, my mistake.

I have tried both many times and no matter which one i try my display is always upside down.

Any ideas what the heck could be going on?

I even deleted my FD addon settings file.