LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

• azido

Read the first post. You need the correct DTB for the display to work. Try the T95Z one. If it doesn't work, post the DTB from Android, how to is in the first post.

Heya Coolest,

what you mean with "Try the T95Z one"? I don't see any dtb file with t95z in it, neither in the 905 path nor in the device trees folder on sdcard of the 8.90.4 image.

• azido

I'm sorry, I thought the T95-Max was based on S912, but it looks like it's a S905 or S905X box.

Please follow the instructions in the first post. You may want to try the fitting (depending whether it's a S905 or S905X) T95m DTB.

Or just post your Android DTB (instructions are in post #1).

• azido

I'm sorry, I thought the T95-Max was based on S912, but it looks like it's a S905 or S905X box.

Please follow the instructions in the first post. You may want to try the fitting (depending whether it's a S905 or S905X) T95m DTB.

Or just post your Android DTB (instructions are in post #1).

The Coolest

It's a S905 with a Gigabit Lan adapter (USB) working as eth1 so i truly want to use 1Gbit ethernet.. Anyway, i just extracted the android dtb file for you and hope you can have a look:

dtb.img.gz.zip

• If you're using a USB adapter, you can try the 100Mbit T95m DTB, it only affects the built in LAN.

Either way, that DTB didn't work, not sure why. Another way to extract what I need is to boot into Android and then copy over the fd628_dev folder in /proc/device tree/ folder. (just make sure that the files copied are not empty before you send them)

• azido

Ok, I looked at those files and the T95m DTB for the S905 should work.

Funky sh*t! Tried "gxbb_p200_2G_100M_t95m.dtb" on another sdcard and the clock starts responding :)

Guess the icons will be there as soon as i activate the kodi addon.

Thanks for your help and your patience, mate! (now going to work on the remote stuff, got it working but not all buttons respond.)

• Hi The Coolest finally i received today my x96 PRO Xnano box.

Now i want to extract my dtb from android

Am i right to do this?

If so do i need to do this from within ssh from libreelec or do i need to do this when running android?

If needed doing this runninf from android how to ssh and login username and passwd from android?

Thanks!

• Marciano

Yes, SSH into the box in LE and run the command:

dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

It should copy the DTB into the downloads folder. Another thing you could do is boot android and copy over FD628 or something with "VFD" in its name from the /proc/device-trees/ folder.

• Marciano

Yes, SSH into the box in LE and run the command:

dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

It should copy the DTB into the downloads folder. Another thing you could do is boot android and copy over FD628 or something with "VFD" in its name from the /proc/device-trees/ folder.

thank you!

I’ll try both and if i succed i’ll post it here.😀

• The Coolest i extracted the dtb from android and i attach my dtb that i'm using now to.

My Device is a X96 Pro Xnano with a S905X SOC

I cannot find the FD628 addon in the LE8 repo so i assume that this addon is not avaible for LE8?

I'm using kszaq's latest krypton build 8.2.3.1.

The attached dtb LE is that i'm using and the dtb Android is the extracted dtb from android.

Thanks!

• Marciano

It seems that this box uses a new driver in Android, which does not require the info I'm looking for in the DTB.

Without it, it'll be almost impossible to know how the display is connected internally or what controller it is using.

So I'm still looking, but can't say whether I'll be able to help with this particular box.

It would be interesting and useful to know what controller your box is using for the display. (This means you'll need to open it)

• Marciano

It seems that this box uses a new driver in Android, which does not require the info I'm looking for in the DTB.

Without it, it'll be almost impossible to know how the display is connected internally or what controller it is using.

So I'm still looking, but can't say whether I'll be able to help with this particular box.

It would be interesting and useful to know what controller your box is using for the display. (This means you'll need to open it)

Thank you for looking really appreciate it.

I'll opn my box and see i can find what controller is in it and let you know.

Thanks!

• Marciano

Awesome, that would be great. Close up pics of the controller (with visible text) and 2 pics of the PCB from both sides so I could see the tracks between controller and display would be very useful.