Add built-in Java support

• It´s only for Generic systems. You need the version of java for ARM processors, but I don´t know if its working on the Pi.

Maybe vpeter has a solution for you.

Sorry but vpeter doesn't have any RPi. Which means I'm not looking how to run java there :huh:

• Sorry but vpeter doesn't have any RPi. Which means I'm not looking how to run java there :huh:

Oracle is offering a special Java ARM package on their webpage called "Linux ARM 32 Hard Float ABI". The 64 bit version is also there. Is there any chance to implement this in an add-on package for LIBREELEC on RPi? I am not a programmer but I can offer my support for testing of alpha / beta versions.

• Until someone tries we will not know :)

But as I wrote addon also needs some shared libs which was copid from Ubuntu for Generic. But for RPi it should be copied from maybe Raspbian or ideally build on LibreELEC.

• I tried to install it on rpi3. I compiled Libbluray from scratch on the raspberry pi in respbian. And I also copied the libraries from respbian. Installed it on libreelec as an add-on. But when I try to play a file with disc menu I got a spinning wheel.

Edit: For java I took the jdk-8u161-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz

The debug los says:

• You are missing library libXext.so.6 because of

Code
    19:45:09.008 T:1614996352   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - PrintStream.java:java.io.PrintStream.println:823: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre23/lib/arm/libawt_xawt.so: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • vpeter thanks for your help :)

Bluray Menus are working on my Raspberry Pi 3. Tested with Milhouse Build 0407.

I uploaded the package on my private server, hope thats ok.

Code
    wget https://juka-blog.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/bluray-menu-rpi2.tar.gz
    tar xzf bluray-menu-rpi2.tar.gz -C /
    rm bluray-menu-rpi2.tar.gz 
  • Could the addon also be made for Amlogic s905?

Don't have such device which means it is the same story as with RPi: Maybe someone will investigate. But I'm sure it could be done.

Maybe you could try above RPi2 version.

• I copied the JRE from the dk-8u161-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz and renamed it to JRE1.8.0_161. Create a symlink from JRE to JRE1.8.0_161.

Also I recompiled the Libbluray.jar on respbian. But I think that is not necessary. Last I copied the the libs inside the lib folder. Also from raspbian os.

I hope its possible to integrate it in the final images of libreelec 9.