LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• No, you responded to this, , ,

and, of course, this is a general command for any remote and not specific to yours (which is what I said) ;)

Again I have no interest in a slanging match but what I said was this is the specific command I used for my VIM2 and I suggested that it was tried on doggyofone box.
    Pedantry is not an endearing quality.

Shoog

• Guys ive just bought an amazon fire tv stick remote as my current amazon remote which works great is faulty

ive connected it with bluetooth but it does nothing! no buttons work :( help

Wrong thread, this is for IR remotes... not bluetooth.

• Pedantry is not an endearing quality.

Nor is stealing someone else's thunder, you should try give credit where it is due.

This info is in the OP and applies to any remote and not, as you said, specific to yours. :rolleyes:

Good retort though :thumbup:

• Nor is stealing someone else's thunder, you should try give credit where it is due.

This info is in the OP and applies to any remote and not, as you said, specific to yours. :rolleyes:

Good retort though :thumbup:

Dick !!

I gave advise in the general and then in the specific. You have simply winged.

Shoog

• Hi,I followed instruction like below:

1. Firstly we need to stop Kodi and Lirc so SSH to your device and type the following commands
    3. systemctl stop kodi
    4. systemctl stop eventlircd
    6. Next we need to scan for the IR codes
    8. ir-keytable -t

but system reported error like below:

CoreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -t

No devices found

Could someone help to indicate what wrong with here?

Thanks!

I tried to search about the error, but can not found same issue on google.

I checked system log found there have log like:

[ 280.062140@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0x4bb41608

[ 280.692492@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0x4cb31608

[ 281.383970@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0x48b71608

[ 281.854115@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0x4ab51608

• what box do you have? I found one on here & just copied it to the correct location, & rebooted

• Hi,

I just followed the instruction of page 1. I want to use my iconbit remote. With

"ir-keytable -t" it seems that all buttons work so I inserted some in a new file "iconbit" (see code below) and copied it to" /storage/.config/rc_keymaps". After this I inserted the text below to rc_maps.cfg in /storage/.config

Code
    meson-ir        *     /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/iconbit

Several reboots and also "ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0" did not make the remote work. What have I done wrong? I appreciate your help.

• Hi,

I just followed the instruction of page 1. I want to use my iconbit remote. With

"ir-keytable -t" it seems that all buttons work so I inserted some in a new file "iconbit" (see code below) and copied it to" /storage/.config/rc_keymaps". After this I inserted the text below to rc_maps.cfg in /storage/.config

Several reboots and also "ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0" did not make the remote work. What have I done wrong? I appreciate your help.

1. Try this one and reboot

2. If it doesn't work add 0x100 KEY_FAVORITES in iconbit file and reboot

• 1. Try this one and reboot

2. If it doesn't work add 0x100 KEY_FAVORITES in iconbit file and reboot

Thanks for your support. I tried both 1. and 2. but the remote won't work. I also tried the "original" odroid remote (see code below). Same result. So it is a general problem I think. I am testing with libreelec 9.0 nightly-20150428. But also with coreelec it's the same behaviour :(. What else could it be?

• I

Thanks for your support. I tried both 1. and 2. but the remote won't work. I also tried the "original" odroid remote (see code below). Same result. So it is a general problem I think. I am testing with libreelec 9.0 nightly-20150428. But also with coreelec it's the same behaviour :(. What else could it be?

Is that your complete keymap? If yes it can't work as it doesn't contain the header with the protocol. The first line of the file must always contain a line like this:

Code
    # table odroid, type: NEC

With out the "type: PROTOCOL_NAME" the IR remote protocol won't be configured which in case of Amlogic/meson-ir means that no protocol decoded is enabled.

so long,

Hias

• I

Is that your complete keymap? If yes it can't work as it doesn't contain the header with the protocol. The first line of the file must always contain a line like this:

Code
    # table odroid, type: NEC

With out the "type: PROTOCOL_NAME" the IR remote protocol won't be configured which in case of Amlogic/meson-ir means that no protocol decoded is enabled.

so long,

Hias

I inserted the first line but it did not solve my problem :(. Also in the file of boot2k3 the first line is there but I does not work either for me :(.

Edit: I now tried it with Coreelec 8.90.1 and it works with boot2k3 files. So it's a problem with the nightly build. Thank you !

Edited once, last by Legitwarrior (April 29, 2018 at 11:48 AM).

• I inserted the first line but it did not solve my problem :(. Also in the file of boot2k3 the first line is there but I does not work either for me :(.

Edit: I now tried it with Coreelec 8.90.1 and it works with boot2k3 files. So it's a problem with the nightly build. Thank you !

CE 8.90.1 is the latest build and there are no nightlies in this project.

Shoog

• Shoog this thread is titled "LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices". It would be good if CoreELEC specific stuff could be kept in separate threads, otherwise it gets really confusing.

Legitwarrior could you post the output of "ir-keytable" and the contents of .config/rc_maps.cfg and the keytable you used (.config/rc_keymaps/YOUR_KEYMAP) on the LibreELEC 9.0 nightly build after bootup?

so long,

Hias

• Legitwarrior could you post the output of "ir-keytable" and the contents of .config/rc_maps.cfg and the keytable you used (.config/rc_keymaps/YOUR_KEYMAP) on the LibreELEC 9.0 nightly build after bootup?

so long,

Hias

I am using exactly the files boot2k3 was posting in #229. In Coreelec 8.90.1 it works in nightly-20150428 not.

When using nightly ir-keytable is saying this for example:

• No devices found this error indicates your using the wrong DTB, put the CoreELEC update back in your update folder and do not copy any other files like DTB's into the folder and reboot.