LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• I have a x96 and tried to use your files, but it didn't work.

am I meant to also use an xml file from somewhere else, or just install the x96 into the \\coreelec\Configfiles\rc_keymaps folder, and the rc_maps into its parent?

Thanks for everyones help, as without a remote, I'll need to get out my mouse.

Thanks

• just install the x96 into the \\coreelec\Configfiles\rc_keymaps folder, and the rc_maps into its parent?

(SMB) \\coreelec\Configfiles\rc_keymaps\X96 & \\coreelec\Configfiles\rc_maps.cfg

or

(SSH) /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/X96 /storage/.config/X96 & /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

• Found I needed to run this before I got stable operation on my VIM2 VTV remote:

ir-keytable -D 600 -P 200

Before this the OK button was very unreliable and most operations resulted in double presses or overshoots on navigation.

Shoog

• My Remote

Xoro HST 260

Config:

Picture:

a ir-ctl -t 25000 to autostart.sh in /storage/.config (nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh)

greeting Amber-2

Edited 2 times, last by Amber-2 (April 25, 2018 at 7:51 AM).

• Found I needed to run this before I got stable operation on my VIM2 VTV remote:

ir-keytable -D 600 -P 200

Before this the OK button was very unreliable and most operations resulted in double presses or overshoots on navigation.

Shoog

Shoog, is this a general command for any remote, or specific to yours. I have the same issues with the OK button and the arrow keys on my Mecool Pro+ and Abox Max. Hit the arrow key quickly several times quickly and the remote will overshoot a lot. These remotes worked really well on 8.2.3.1.

Thanks

• Shoog, is this a general command for any remote, or specific to yours. I have the same issues with the OK button and the arrow keys on my Mecool Pro+ and Abox Max. Hit the arrow key quickly several times quickly and the remote will overshoot a lot. These remotes worked really well on 8.2.3.1.

Thanks

This is specific to my VIM2 remote, but you can try it on any box.

The first number is the most critical for me since its the delay before it starts looking for a repeat. The second is the repeat interval.

Simply go into you box via SSH and issue the command. The settings will take effect immediately without the need for a reboot and they will stick between reboots. Mess with the two numbers (in approximately the same ratio as mine) until you get the response you want, do this going from your PC SSH terminal and your box testing the effects of issuing the command each time.

The reason that it all worked in 8.2.3.1 is because that build used the AMlogic based system that the box came with so if you had the original box config file for the remote it would work as it did in Android (mostly). In this build it is using the Linux kernel based system which is universal to all Linux based systems and so needs fine tuning to your specific remote.

Shoog

• This is specific to my VIM2 remote, but you can try it on any box.

The first number is the most critical for me since its the delay before it starts looking for a repeat. The second is the repeat interval.

Simply go into you box via SSH and issue the command. The settings will take effect immediately without the need for a reboot and they will stick between reboots. Mess with the two numbers (in approximately the same ratio as mine) until you get the response you want, do this going from your PC SSH terminal and your box testing the effects of issuing the command each time.

The reason that it all worked in 8.2.3.1 is because that build used the AMlogic based system that the box came with so if you had the original box config file for the remote it would work as it did in Android (mostly). In this build it is using the Linux kernel based system which is universal to all Linux based systems and so needs fine tuning to your specific remote.

Shoog

Thanks for the help. It worked for me. Something I can tweak a bit as well.

• I use that method described here:

autostart.sh should work, but it' be better to create a udev rule for that. Copy /utsr/lib/udev/rules.d/70-input-repeat.rules to /storage/.config/udev.rules.d, and then add this line at the end (all in a single line, after the LABEL="end" line):

Code
    ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="lirc*[0-9]", DRIVERS=="meson-ir", RUN+="/usr/bin/ir-ctl -d $devnode -t 50000"

so long,

Hias

On that file (with the addition HiassofT suggests) you can tweak all 3 knobs.

The remote of my mecool m8s pro works good with delay=500, period=100 and -t 3500.

Haven't experiment a lot though, maybe you can achieve better response -- but there are no double presses at all.

Thanks HiassofT for your valuable contribution.

• Sorry I need to correct myself, the line (ir-keytable -D 600 -P 200) needs to be added to the /storage/.config/autostart.sh file to stick between boots, sorry for the omission.

Shoog