Does dolby vision playback for movies work with Libre Elec on the Minix u9-h?

• Only Sony had DV issues over HDMI and they're largely fixed. Every other DV TV works fine over HDMI (LG, Vizio, TCL). Regardless it's not really relevant to this discussion, since we're only concerned with TVs that do support DV over HDMI.

Unfortunately, looks like the new version of PowerDVD won't support Dolby Vision. Without a working software implementation, I feel like this is going to be really difficult.

• If anyone is able to get a copy of this software, it could be the holy grail you're searching for. It can mux dual layer dv profiles into a single layer and vice versa, or basically anything dv related you wish. I'm sure it's even how LG made their test file :cool:

• If anyone is able to get a copy of this software, it could be the holy grail you're searching for. It can mux dual layer dv profiles into a single layer and vice versa, or basically anything dv related you wish. I'm sure it's even how LG made their test file :cool:

That software seems amazing!! Is anyone able to get it? coudlnt find anything on it int he web...

• Just wanted to say thanks all for your research. I was testing video files on my S912 device and noticed HDR played fine but HLG and DV did not and this thread cleared things up for me. A shame since the HW supports them. Does anyone know if HLG or DV is supported in Android on S912 devices?

• Android N+ supports single track Dolby Vision, we know this because some phone hardware supports Netflix DV playback and it's likely Google's new Chromecast/Android TV Stick coming out at I/O next week will replace the Chromecast Ultra (and therefore also have DV support). The problem is of course that non-streaming DV content (UHD Blu-ray disc backups) is dual-track and there are no public software implementations of the dual-track decoder. If there is exists a studio tool that can losslessly convert between dual- and single- track (I don't know if that package linked by Grencola is legit or not), it's likely that we could get DV playback working on the new Android TV stick. But that wouldn't be LibreELEC.

• It is now possible to create DV profile 7 .mp4 files.

The limit is only one audio track in ac3 or e-ac3 codec.

Exemple

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18602

Tested on LG 55C7V player => Dolby Vision

Tested on U9-H with CoreElec 9.0.1 => HDR10.

Edited once, last by benhur (March 30, 2019 at 7:50 AM).

• Here's the sample: Star Wars - The last Jedi.sample.e-ac3.DV.mp4

Edited 2 times, last by benhur (April 13, 2019 at 11:12 AM).

• We have the same TV and media player. though different libre elec Version i think. Anyways are you saying the MP4 DV files will only work via USB HDD on the TV player and wont work with our mediaplayer? even in 2022?