Remote power trouble

• Hi, I am still trying to get my head round why the remote power on / off behaves differently in terms of Android v. LE on my H96 Pro Plus 3/32 4K, no matter what remote.conf file I use. On Android, when on the blue led is on and when off a red led is on. On LE, when on the blue led light is significantly weaker and when off there is no led light at all. Also I am unable to power the box on by the remote. Is there any hope for a fix / workaround to avoid having unplug and plug the power cable each time I want to use the damn thing,? Anyone, please?

• Also I am unable to power the box on by the remote. Is there any hope for a fix / workaround to avoid having unplug and plug the power cable each time I want to use the damn thing,?

I have the same issue with my Alfawise H96pro+ 2GB/16GB Android-7.1.2 :(

I'm also very interested on a solution for this, but I don't know what can I do?

If I boot with Android and make a shutdown (blue light is OFF), I can do Power ON with my IR-Remote to restart with libreelec without any issues.

But If I boot with Libreelec-8.2.2.3 and I make a shutdown over the KODI shutdown menu, I can't restart the box with my IR-Remote!

Only with plug off/on my power cable I can restart the box! ?(

In the attachment you will find my used remot.conf.

Paul

• We (H96Pro+) all have this problem.

Current workaround is to reboot to Android and power off there. Then you can power it on from the remote, and if the SD/TF card with LE is in place - it will boot straight to LE...

• Thank you

You say "if the SD/TF card with LE is in place - it will boot straight to LE..." -- when i boot to Android (internal) yes, power works fine for the stock OS. But with LE on my USB, it does not automatically run LE when i power the OS back on from sleep - i assume i would need to launch it somehow from Android. And once i power it off from last being on LE, i would need to pull the cord again to start it back up.

I am just now seeing this is an issue with this box, which i was not aware when i bought it.

• I guess (almost) nobody was aware when bought the box... :D

It simply was NOT built to run LE OOB (out-of-the-box).

I find it puzzling that your box does not automatically boot into LE from the placed SD/TF card, each time it has been powered on.

Maybe you're "fake" powering off your Android.

Check the power button settings in Android and set it to REALLY power off the box, not sleep/suspend it.

Mine does exactly that. ;)

• ok, yes that does work. But it would only work one time, as after it boots into LE, and turn off power, it cant then power back up. So cord pull and replace is needed.

• :D

From LE you have to reboot to internal (Android) and then power off. 8o

If you're using a different than the default skin (Estuary/Estouchy or whatever @#?! it was),

check this to create a custom shortcut for that function. ;)

• Nope. Waiting for a good u-boot for H96pro +...

Right now it’s a lottery.

I am so fed up I turned from S912 back to Rpi3. Not ideal as well, but at least doesn’t kill my aound from tv when powered off 😂

• there have been users on this forum ( zed85 ) claiming they don't experience the same issue, which is why I believe there has to be a solution that does not include trashing the whole thing

I'm running 8.2.2.3 from SD card on H96 Pro Plus. Using the remote.conf I posted before. No troubles with powering up or shutting down the device.