State of Bluetooth Streaming.

• Hi I was wondering if receiving a bluetooth audio stream is working yet? I've paired my phone running android asop marshmellow and libreelec is shown as a media audio device however no sound is comming from either the phone or kodi. Heres a log if its any help. Thanks.

• Official Post

It is technically possible to configure a receiving interface LibreELEC but Kodi has no knowledge of the incoming input so there is no on-screen notification and you can end up with BT and Kodi outputing audio at the same time. As a result we support BT audio only as an output device, not to receive.

• Thanks chewitt I was able to work out a solution after checking that thread. All I have to do is run

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect

on boot and have passthough enabled in kodi and I'm able to use both the audio from my phone and kodi without them interfering with each other. Would you know if its possible to run the pactl command automatically when restarting? Possibly with autostart.sh (is that still a thing?).

Edited once, last by ebyxk (July 30, 2016 at 7:49 AM).

• I removed it by default because it's not possible to configure it for all platforms automatically. There was always some user interaction required.

Also, we don't want to use pulseaudio for kodi by default as you lose HD audio formats this way.

is there a guide posted on how to do what you say without loosing HD audio formats ?
    it would be a nice plugin/ability to be able to stream BT audio to another device
    well it would be for me anyway , never knew this was possibe with libraelec but am intrested in been able to achieve it though
    only ask about a guide as i have reading issues ;)

• You want to stream from kodi to a bluetooth receiver like headphones/speakers?

In libreelec settings, enable bluetooth and pair your speakers.

In kodi settings choose the Bluetooth pulseaudio audio output.

thanx for the info :)
    will this stop the audio from first location ie say main room where wetek is or will the adio stillpllay on both devices ?

• I removed it by default because it's not possible to configure it for all platforms automatically. There was always some user interaction required.

I knew it and was pretty sure that it worked for me some time ago at least back in OpenELEC times.
    Just thought this is/was a bug in the last alpha/beta builds.

Well i can tell on my Intel NUC it worked smoothly without any user (ssh) interaction. Any chance that i can get that back? Now i have to add every bluetooth device manually. That is really annoying cause back then I could easily hook up a friend's phone to my box so they could steam some audio.

Edited once, last by NeroBoron (January 22, 2017 at 3:08 PM).

• I knew it and was pretty sure that it worked for me some time ago at least back in OpenELEC times.
    Just thought this is/was a bug in the last alpha/beta builds.

Well i can tell on my Intel NUC it worked smoothly without any user (ssh) interaction. Any chance that i can get that back? Now i have to add every bluetooth device manually. That is really annoying cause back then I could easily hook up a friend's phone to my box so they could steam some audio.

It was only ever in the milhouse test builds for a brief period.

No it probably won't be added back as it was rather hacky.

What we need is a pulseaudio configuration gui in kodi.

• is there a guide posted on how to do what you say without loosing HD audio formats ?
    it would be a nice plugin/ability to be able to stream BT audio to another device
    well it would be for me anyway , never knew this was possibe with libraelec but am intrested in been able to achieve it though
    only ask about a guide as i have reading issues ;)

This thread is kinda old, but still valid for le 8.2.1. And H0nch0 put exactly the right question....so can we enjoy HD output and other times playing streams from Bluetooth devices?

Maybe it helps sticking to certain platforms?

Looking forward to this!