update Kodi 17.6 update

• I just updated LibreELEC to 8.2.1 with Kodi 17.6

When it see the internet connection, say me there are update available (with both auto and manual update) with an info pop-up.

But apparently it never do the update.
    I cannot find a menù option to start the update, neither with Auto update or Manual update.

How to force the update?

• Sure the update notification is shown as I have 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 exist, but it never get installed.

I rebooted twice, both times the notification is show, still to 8.2.1

• efa2: If you are using Berryboot then that is the source of your problem as it causes exactly this kind of update issue, and is one of the reasons why it is not supported. If you want to use a boot manager then use NOOBS or PINN, or ideally install LibreELEC directly to the SD card without a boot manager.

• No, auto update has not worked as expected for a long time. Arguing that "it works for me so it must be you" is counter productive. My environment isn't broken, and I maintain several pi's for family and they all never update anymore. While I'll grant that a) I'm not familiar with how libreelec manages (triggers, it seems to me) it's auto updates under the covers, and b) I understand dismissing the majority of unknowledgeable claims around here probably makes statistical sense, it's obvious to me at least that auto update isn't working the way it should be working. I have reasonably deep network experience professionally, the chances I am somehow causing this is by doing something really stupid is low. If I'm causing it, it's not something dumb relating to connectivity at the least.

I just got one back that was stuck on 8.0.2, and had to manually update even over the wire. I f I had to roughly guess, it hasn't been working generally for over a year. Could be longer.

Hope this twigs something for somebody.

• I agree with bluenote. There exists some fraction of us for which the auto update has not worked for a while. I've been running LibreElec 8.2.2 on my Raspberry Pi 3. After version 8.2.3 was announced and the canary period passed, I would periodically reboot the device. The automatic update to version 8.2.3 never happened. (I verified that my configuration was set to wait for network connectivity before booting.)

After a few days, I downloaded the update file to my desktop computer and transferred it to the Raspberry Pi's update folder to do the manual update. When I rebooted the Raspberry Pi, version 8.2.3 installed as expected. If my memory is correct, I had to manually update 8.2.2 also.

• Just had another come in stuck. Two things that I note -

This one, and probably the last one, had at least one addon that would not update because of a dead repo. And so, if there's anything in the triggers for how this operates waiting on kodi to report that it's up to date, or otherwise being blocked by an addon update process that's not actually running, that this might be a lead. I have definitely noticed kodi act a little strangely because of this factor before.

What's the correct way to replicate Libreelec ignoring an update? If I confirm updates set to auto, and sometimes switch to manual and set the channel, then go back to auto, and reboot, still nothing happens. At what point can I say "Ok, it should have updated under these circumstances." ?

• I've already manually upgraded. I'm happy to provide one next time, or even if I get a bit of time, try and recreate by installing a past version, but I need to know when the trigger for updating fires to know what I have to do to get you the portion of log you want.

That sounds sort of awkward, so I'll try and rephrase - is it enough to turn on debug logging, and just wait 5 minutes, or do I need to turn on debugging and then reboot, or go into the updates menu and set to manual then back to auto? What's preferred?

Thanks