Posts by DappereDodo

No change, whatever I did. Turned the AVR off and on, unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable, cycled through all audio output devices, still no sound. Can't turn off the tv, because it's the master in a master/slave setup.

Only a reboot works...:(

Thanks, I executed the code of this script in an ssh session but it didn't restore sound:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

# that defines the default primary output
    OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`

#disable this output wait a second and enable it again
    xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --off
    sleep 1
    xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --auto

Hi all,

For quite some time now I have been troubled by not having sound at first boot. With first boot I mean the first boot after a total shutdown. My media corner is behind a master/slave socket that turns off power to both my HTPC and AVR. Once I turn on the TV the HTPC is automatically powered up. The AVR is connected through HDMI using CEC and is turned on automatically too.

Since the upgrade to 8.2.1 I have no sound at first boot most of the times; on rare times it does boot up with sound. Before the upgrade I usually had sound at first boot and only sometimes not.

I am using a custom EDID for quite time now, as described here (custom_edid [LibreELEC]) to fix a blank screen at boot.

Log file of first boot without sound:

Sprunge.us/LVjW

Log file of first boot with sound:

Sprunge.us/AHEY

Hardware used:

• Philips TV 46PFC9705H
    • Pioneer VSX-300 Receiver
    • HTPC:
      • Intel Celeron G1820
      • Asus H81T
      • GSkill 2GB DDR3 SODIMM
      • Akasa Euler

Any help is very much appreciated. A solution is most welcome of course, but pointers on where to look are great too.

Ok, a small update. I compiled my own version of LibreElec 7.0.2 with libcec downgraded to version 3.0.0. Initially I ran into another problem with my music database. Apparently the upgrade to the newest database version failed. After I deleted the upgraded database everything went smoothly. I am now running LE 7.0.2 on my main HTPC.

Currently I am compiling LE 7.0.2 with the newest libcec (from master). Hopefully that won't give me any problems either.

Sorry, I have never had any issues with the CEC adapter. From OE 5.x.x to OE 6.0.x to LE 7.0.3

It could help if you list your hardware, perhaps somebody knows that some hardware has issues.

Details are in the log files, but here is the list of hardware. I didn't think I had anything exotic running, so I'm surprised so few (any?) people are having the same troubles I have.

• CPU: Intel Celeron G1820 Boxed
    • Mainboard: Asus H81T
    • Case: Akasa Euler incl. 120W Power Adapter
    • Memory: G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBSQ
    • Storage: Kingston SSDNow V-Series SATA2 2.5

And of course the PulseEight CEC adapter (USB - CEC Adapter, SKU: P8-USBCECv1, ordered in March 2013).

Hi all,

I am still running OpenElec 6.0.0 with a PulseEight CEC adapter, because after updating to LibreElec 7.0.2 Kodi goes into a crash loop. If I unplug the CEC adapter Kodi starts without issue. I had the same issue updating from OpenElec 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 and to 6.0.3. I surmise it has something to do with libcec 3.0.1 and an update to libcec 3.1.0 should solve the issue, but I have no clue how to go about this. Kind of a linux noob here. Any help is appreciated.
    Logs attached.