Sometimes no sound at first boot

• Hi all,

For quite some time now I have been troubled by not having sound at first boot. With first boot I mean the first boot after a total shutdown. My media corner is behind a master/slave socket that turns off power to both my HTPC and AVR. Once I turn on the TV the HTPC is automatically powered up. The AVR is connected through HDMI using CEC and is turned on automatically too.

Since the upgrade to 8.2.1 I have no sound at first boot most of the times; on rare times it does boot up with sound. Before the upgrade I usually had sound at first boot and only sometimes not.

I am using a custom EDID for quite time now, as described here (custom_edid [LibreELEC]) to fix a blank screen at boot.

Log file of first boot without sound:

Sprunge.us/LVjW

Log file of first boot with sound:

Sprunge.us/AHEY

Hardware used:

• Philips TV 46PFC9705H
    • Pioneer VSX-300 Receiver
    • HTPC:
      • Intel Celeron G1820
      • Asus H81T
      • GSkill 2GB DDR3 SODIMM
      • Akasa Euler

Any help is very much appreciated. A solution is most welcome of course, but pointers on where to look are great too.

• Thanks, I executed the code of this script in an ssh session but it didn't restore sound:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

# that defines the default primary output
    OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`

#disable this output wait a second and enable it again
    xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --off
    sleep 1
    xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --auto
  • Still having this issue. Upgraded to 8.2.4 in the mean time and made new logs as previous logs are no longer accessible.

Log file of first boot without sound: 11Pj

Log file of first boot with sound: 131W

Any ideas?

• Can you run xrandr command when you have a problem and when you don't have.

Code
    xrandr | pastebinit

Also I see you are using edid.bin - is it correct?

• Yes, i am using edid.bin. I need it to make sure I don't have a blank screen at boot.

I ran xrandr, both when I had sound and when I didn't. The pastebin link is the same, I presume because the content is the same?

Link: 16dx

• When your system is running with no sound - trying toggling the input selector on your AVR to another source and back. You could also try powering the TV and AVR off and back on. Also try unplugging and re-plugging the hdmi cable.

• No change, whatever I did. Turned the AVR off and on, unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable, cycled through all audio output devices, still no sound. Can't turn off the tv, because it's the master in a master/slave setup.

Only a reboot works...:(

• Now that you posted xrandr result I saw that you have two connected display. And obviously wrong one was used :)

Just put those 3 lines anywhere in /storage/.config/autostart.sh script.