Crash loop with CEC adapter plugged in

• Hi all,

I am still running OpenElec 6.0.0 with a PulseEight CEC adapter, because after updating to LibreElec 7.0.2 Kodi goes into a crash loop. If I unplug the CEC adapter Kodi starts without issue. I had the same issue updating from OpenElec 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 and to 6.0.3. I surmise it has something to do with libcec 3.0.1 and an update to libcec 3.1.0 should solve the issue, but I have no clue how to go about this. Kind of a linux noob here. Any help is appreciated.
    Logs attached.

• Sorry, I have never had any issues with the CEC adapter. From OE 5.x.x to OE 6.0.x to LE 7.0.3

It could help if you list your hardware, perhaps somebody knows that some hardware has issues.

Edited once, last by Nailig (July 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM).

• Sorry, I have never had any issues with the CEC adapter. From OE 5.x.x to OE 6.0.x to LE 7.0.3

It could help if you list your hardware, perhaps somebody knows that some hardware has issues.

Details are in the log files, but here is the list of hardware. I didn't think I had anything exotic running, so I'm surprised so few (any?) people are having the same troubles I have.

• CPU: Intel Celeron G1820 Boxed
    • Mainboard: Asus H81T
    • Case: Akasa Euler incl. 120W Power Adapter
    • Memory: G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBSQ
    • Storage: Kingston SSDNow V-Series SATA2 2.5

And of course the PulseEight CEC adapter (USB - CEC Adapter, SKU: P8-USBCECv1, ordered in March 2013).

• Ok, a small update. I compiled my own version of LibreElec 7.0.2 with libcec downgraded to version 3.0.0. Initially I ran into another problem with my music database. Apparently the upgrade to the newest database version failed. After I deleted the upgraded database everything went smoothly. I am now running LE 7.0.2 on my main HTPC.

Currently I am compiling LE 7.0.2 with the newest libcec (from master). Hopefully that won't give me any problems either.