Request a Wiki account

• Hi everyone,

I don't really need an account, but I just want to say the link for downloading the KEYDB.cfg file needed to read blu-ray discs (in this page ) is wrong : you must change http to https for the right address. The worst is that with the wrong address you don't get a mistake, but just an empty file.

If you want you can create me an account, but I'm not sure I will use it after this correction, I don't feel good enough for that.

See you,

• Hi everyone,

I don't really need an account, but I just want to say the link for downloading the KEYDB.cfg file needed to read blu-ray discs (in this page ) is wrong : you must change http to https for the right address. The worst is that with the wrong address you don't get a mistake, but just an empty file.

If you want you can create me an account, but I'm not sure I will use it after this correction, I don't feel good enough for that.

See you,

Post would have been better in Website but thanks for the feedback.:)

Confirmed issue and website has been changed.

• Just to add it to your collection of Wiki accounts, or do you have actual plans to update our Wiki page(s)? And if so, what are your plans? Someone asking already for a wiki account just like that on the first forum visit here simply seems a bit strange to me.

LOL! Certainly a fair enough question given my new account, but I don't feel I deserved the sarcasm. Normally, I would have said why, but the first post said there was no further explanation needed.

Anyhow, I just spent 2 days and about 4-6 hours of searching, trying to figure out why my setup was giving me an "Operation not permitted" when adding sources to Kodi. Eventually, I found a single post explaining how to create and properly populate the passwords.xml file. I thought it odd that it wasn't documented either on the Kodi or Libreelec wiki or any other guide on the internet; most forum posts simply reference the filename and fail to elaborate. While trying to figure all that out, I also realized that the information surrounding enabling SSH isn't entirely correct on the wiki. It states that if you don't enable SSH in the initial wizard, it can't be done. But, if you open up the Libreelec addon, you can change the SMB and SSH settings after installation.

This was my first time trying to set up Libreelec (long-time Kodi user, though) and if it was that difficult to figure things out, I can't be the only one who got stumped and thought I'd help others out by updating the wiki after I got everything working correctly.

• We have our share of forum spamming attempts, so personally I'm a bit more careful. If that results in sarcasm, I'm surprise. But then again, not everyone always shares my type of humor.

On the topic of "Operation not permitted", entire books can be written by now because of Microsoft's changing attitude towards Samba. The old v1 turned out to be a security hell hole (see 'WannaCry'), and v2 and up requires user credentials and don't support network browsing any longer. As long as Kodi and thus LibreELEC are still in Beta territority, I'd say it's best to wait updating Wikis on that topic. Stuff may still change.

if you don't enable SSH in the initial wizard, it can't be done

Mmm....That's not what the wiki says.

Note: SSH has to be enabled at the very first start of LE (installation wizard). Otherwise the SSH service isn't available.

There is a difference: the SSH server isn't enabled by default, so if users are in need of SSH right away, they can enable it via the 'Installation wizard'. SSH can also be enabled/disabled in LibreELEC's Settings Add-on as you already found out.

I'm not saying the LE wiki is perfect. Wikis tend to be more like a never-ending story.

• Wow. That was supposed to be humour? Rather than welcoming someone looking to improve the wiki, I'm greeted with sarcasm and innuendo. Then, I explain the confusion I experienced, offering to help make it clearer to new people like myself, and I'm pretty much told not to bother. Sorry for trying to help. Confusion is good for forum activity, I suppose. I thought Linux groups had grown more welcoming to newcomers in the past 20 years, but it would appear I was wrong; it's just like the old Red Hat days. I'll stick to the Kodi forums as they seem to be a bit friendlier. Go ahead and delete my wiki account. I can take a hint.

• Would like to help with correcting the Wiki (with just one small update for now).

Changes I like to make:

According the Wiki FAQ it is not possible to change the root password.

That has changed with 9.0.1 Leia, and I think everyone who has ssh enabled should be encouraged to do so.

• Your record is on repeat.

Which part of the Wiki has your interest?

IS this directed to me? Sorry for the repeat but did not see any response like other requests.

I do have a question on the Wiki itself .. is there some sort of Table of Contents? The Main page has a few links but one cannot just look over topics and explore them (unless I'm missing something).

People have posted these links in the Kodi Forum ..

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

Raspberry Pi Config.txt [LibreELEC.wiki]

but I have NO idea how they found them. They have a "Table of Content" for that topic but I don't see an over all one or how one would look for information on a specific topic. I thought after I had Wiki account that would change.

Thanks

OtG