Posts by namek

While attempting to compile the latest master (commit ec1292ba3f8059c367b9f42d8e5cf38aa6056633), I had a build error near the end of compilation.

Build command I used:

PROJECT=NXS DEVICE=iMX6 ARCH=arm make image

Here is the error I saw:

../xbmc/windowing/gbm/DRMUtils.cpp:413:19: error: 'm_module' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'm_mode'?

413 | if (m_module == "imx-drm" && props->prop_values[j] != DRM_PLANE_TYPE_OVERLAY)

| ^~~~~~~~

| m_mode

I could resolve it by just removing a patch file (kodi-100.90-imx-quirk-plane-usage.patch) for iMX6.

projects/NXP/devices/iMX6/patches/kodi/kodi-100.90-imx-quirk-plane-usage.patch

(I still have to test it on the device to make sure it's all good)

Thanks HiassofT again.

Today, I saw this change (CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y) in linux.arm.conf file.

LibreELEC.tv/linux.arm.conf at 66bab50e147e2e881f91c0829fd67d372b0305bd · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

this line was commented out in the source that I could build (the latest master a couple of weeks ago).

So, I pull the latest master again and tried to build...

>>> crazycat:target seq 126 >>>

[263/271] [FAIL] install crazycat:target

So, I will first fix my build but will try the new build on cubox!

PS

tools/download did not help. so need to dig in.

Thanks chewitt and HiassofT

These are from a fresh reboot.

systemctl status eventlircd

wow. disabled!

And for the output of journalctl -a | pastebinit:

http://ix.io/2paS

If I restart kodi and eventlirc after making sure ir-keytable -t detect my remote, I see this error message:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # irw
    Cannot connect to socket /run/lirc/lircd: No such file or directory

Indeed, in /run/lirc, I only see lircd.socket.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # irw -v
    irw 0.10.1

Maybe I need to understand what irw is and how it should be configured.

I will read here...

LIRC - Linux Infrared Remote Control

Hi I am on CuBox-i4 running the image from the latest master (0848005fbf0dedb148df71ed1b137ab2ab2d497e) but tv remote (samsung) is not working...

I was using an old OpenELEC built by SolidRun on my CuBox-i4P (quad core) and my remote was working fine but when I decided to move on to the latest LiebreELEC master, remote stopped working. So, I followed along the official wiki (Infrared Remotes) and this post (LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices) and configured a custom keymap but even with that, irw is not seeing anything...

I am quite new to all this and spent 3 days to learn up to here. I would love to see LibreELEC 10 working on my CuBox-i...

When it is working on OpenELEC, the output of ir-keytable and lsmod look like this:

Code
    OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event4) with:
    Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-rc6-mce
    Supported protocols: unknown other rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
    Enabled protocols: nec rc-6
    Name: gpio_ir_recv
    bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100
    Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

I also see run/lirc/lircd running as service along with eventlircd.service and CEC adaptor was on (Kodi UI System setting -> input).

In the LibreELEC, the output of ir-keytable look like this:

And the output of lsmod is like this:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    coda_vpu               98304  0
    imx_vdoa               16384  1 coda_vpu
    videobuf2_dma_contig    20480  1 coda_vpu
    v4l2_mem2mem           28672  1 coda_vpu
    dw_hdmi_ahb_audio      16384  0

So, I don't see ir_nec_decoder any more... (CEC adaptor is also not there in Kodi UI)

But I assume this should be ok now that in kernel decoder is doing the work?

At the beggining, ir-keytable -t was not detecting anything. So, I switch to nec protocol (samsung uses that I believe) and test it by ir-keytable -p nec -t.

Then I could see scancodes and so I could create my_custom_remote in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/my_custom_remote and set this up in /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg as

Code
    * * my_custom_remote

After this, I could see EV_MSC and EV_KEY correctly by ir-keytable -t like below:

Now that ir-keytable -t is working properly. I should see output from irw command but I see nothing.

Strangely, I get the response from ir-keytable -t whether or not I stop kodi and eventlircd from systemcntl. So, it looks like kodi is not intercepting remote signals at all, and this explains why irw command show no response at all.