Amlogic S905X(w) - Sundtek Media TV Stick (DVB-C/T/T2) not usable

• Hi guys, I would like to come back to this one more time. When you say you will keep that fix in your future builds, does that mean they will end up in adamg's Leia builds as well? The reason I ask is that I am currently trying to prepare a christmas present with Amazon VOD, Netflix, SkyGo and LiveTV working and at the moment I have the situation from the first post with adamg's build while all this streaming stuff works perfectly.

I also tried the TvHeadend plugin from GDPR-1 's 9.0.4 repo, but that did not work (meaning it did not start properly; also, it seems to be based on 4.2 still, while adamg is already on 4.3).

I try to keep my builds up to date with patches from a variety of sources from kszaq/afl1/Raybuntu/LE-master/Kodi

When kszaq refers to a L1 Widevine device he means one which has been officially licensed by Google for Widevine Level 1 DRM support. One such device is the Minix NEO U9-H, there is a great deal of other devices out there though. I have an Nvidia Shield for this albeit that may be out of your budget.

• I have an Nvidia Shield for this albeit that may be out of your budget.

That is actually my main device as well (as you can see from my signature) :). Playing around with these china boxes is really just the next step of toys after Dockstar/Pogoplug, Cubietruck (two running as headless PVRs, one with VDR and one with TvHeadend), Rpi3, Wetek Play etc. Every year in December/January I obtain new toys to play around with that I find in some forums, but (as yet, anyway) never in development, always just as a user. Currently, I am fascinated by the china boxes in conjuction with the XBOX ONE Tuner, as this is a really inexpensive way of usiing LibreELEC for both streaming and LiveTV. Nevertheless, I own quite a few Sundtek Sticks (so much for budget ...), so I would really like to be able to use those.

Anyway, thanks to you (and all the other active developers) for making it possible for users like me to play with our toys! I do hope that you also profit from donations made to LibreELEC :angel:

• That is actually my main device as well (as you can see from my signature) :). Playing around with these china boxes is really just the next step of toys after Dockstar/Pogoplug, Cubietruck (two running as headless PVRs, one with VDR and one with TvHeadend), Rpi3, Wetek Play etc. Every year in December/January I obtain new toys to play around with that I find in some forums, but (as yet, anyway) never in development, always just as a user. Currently, I am fascinated by the china boxes in conjuction with the XBOX ONE Tuner, as this is a really inexpensive way of usiing LibreELEC for both streaming and LiveTV. Nevertheless, I own quite a few Sundtek Sticks (so much for budget ...), so I would really like to be able to use those.

Anyway, thanks to you (and all the other active developers) for making it possible for users like me to play with our toys! I do hope that you also profit from donations made to LibreELEC :angel:

I didn't see that, you can't get any better than the Shield, the chinese boxes are good as basic mediaplayers, my own opinion is that you can't expect miracles from $30 devices but anything extra that works is just a bonus, support is expanding slowly, bug reports and the community helps with this.

• Anyway, thanks to you (and all the other active developers) for making it possible for users like me to play with our toys! I do hope that you also profit from donations made to LibreELEC :angel:

We profit from the personal experience of participating in the project and having fun, but otherwise we are non-commercial and aim to raise no more funds than we need to cover the project's running costs.

• Back to the topic, there's an update available from our side, which addresses one issue it seems.

There's a second issue that the data might drop on certain Amlogic boxes, but as far as we've seen that seems to happen on very cheap devices only which possibly have some other issues.

The last few Amlogic based boxes which we have tested did not seem to have such a problem.

Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Success] - Hardware - CoreELEC Forums

• Back to the topic, there's an update available from our side, which addresses one issue it seems.

There's a second issue that the data might drop on certain Amlogic boxes, but as far as we've seen that seems to happen on very cheap devices only which possibly have some other issues.

The last few Amlogic based boxes which we have tested did not seem to have such a problem.

Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Success] - Hardware - CoreELEC Forums

And I can confirm that this works now (at least on CoreELEC), which is just great news!