Amlogic S905X(w) - Sundtek Media TV Stick (DVB-C/T/T2) not usable

• So, here are my test results: The Sundtek-Stick works with all three builds, the XBOX ONE tuner does not work with the standard 8.2.1.1 (only DVBT is seen in TvHeadend). With test2, I was not able to hotplug, but after disabling and re-enabling the TvHeadend Server, both tuners worked.

With the test1-build, everything was perfect: both tuners worked and I was able to hotplug for TvHeadend.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do, but for the moment, test1 together with the addon from GDPR-1 's repo seems to do the trick!

Again, many thanks to the two of you! :thumbup:

• Okay, so it looks like I need to recompile DVB addons but first check if internal tuner works with Raybuntu's version. ;)

What box with internal tuner do you have? Wetek Play 2? I only have Wetek Play, unfortunately, but I use it as the backend for my Nvidia Shield, which works just fine.

• Hi kszaq ,

I am afraid it does not work. I uninstalled GDPR-1 's version and installed this one (but kept the stuff in .kodi/userdata/addon_data). This gives me the same situation as when we started (first post).

P.S.: Sorry for taking a while, but today I had to do outside work, so I could not squeeze anything in between. Available now for the rest of the day and most of the weekend.

P.P.S: Are you going to prepare a version for the VDR backend as well, because there exists much the same problem (but with less visible indicators, whether things work ...)

• chessplayer Thank you for testing. I won't provide any more TVH test builds as changing headers requires 100% clean build to make sure that they are applied... I will keep the fix from test1 in my future builds. If you want to use VDR, please install it from Raybuntu's repo, it should work.

• Thanks for your efforts and the advice. By the way: can I add GDPR-1 's repo in Kodi or do I have to download from it and then install from zip?

I would just manually install the zip. But I won't support 8.X anymore so don't expect updates. Feel free to use my repo with pre LE9 builds.

• kszaq what dvb ioctl patches do you have in your fork?

Do you have the one merged lately at LibreELEC/linux-amlogic?

I compiled test1 version with all patches from LibreELEC/linux-amlogic. Additionally I have this patch: PD#116363: dvb: fix pointer from 32bit to 64bit · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@a38b9dd · GitHub - it proved to be needed for some users before. TVHeadend was compiled from a clean state. At this point I cannot recompile everything with different headers as that kind of addon update would cause breakage for previous version users.

Thanks for your efforts and the advice. By the way: can I add GDPR-1 's repo in Kodi or do I have to download from it and then install from zip?

Frankly I don't think it's a good idea. Addons are the same, it would only cause confusion. The only issue is with Sundtek and I will recommend to install DVB plugins from Raybuntu's repo in case of issues.

• Alright, then that's settled. I assume that once you start with Leia, you are going to recompile TvHeadend and everything will come from just one repo again?

Once more: thanks for all the help and making the boxes more useful for me this way!:)

• chessplayer Thank you for testing. I won't provide any more TVH test builds as changing headers requires 100% clean build to make sure that they are applied... I will keep the fix from test1 in my future builds. If you want to use VDR, please install it from Raybuntu's repo, it should work.

Hi guys, I would like to come back to this one more time. When you say you will keep that fix in your future builds, does that mean they will end up in adamg's Leia builds as well? The reason I ask is that I am currently trying to prepare a christmas present with Amazon VOD, Netflix, SkyGo and LiveTV working and at the moment I have the situation from the first post with adamg's build while all this streaming stuff works perfectly.

I also tried the TvHeadend plugin from GDPR-1 's 9.0.4 repo, but that did not work (meaning it did not start properly; also, it seems to be based on 4.2 still, while adamg is already on 4.3).

• Alright, then that's settled. I assume that once you start with Leia, you are going to recompile TvHeadend and everything will come from just one repo again?

No promises, this would have to be checked with as many configurations as possible.

When you say you will keep that fix in your future builds, does that mean they will end up in adamg's Leia builds as well?

If Adam syncs kernel after I upload it to GH - yes.

The reason I ask is that I am currently trying to prepare a christmas present with Amazon VOD, Netflix, SkyGo and LiveTV working and at the moment I have the situation from the first post with adamg's build while all this streaming stuff works perfectly.

I second that this may be a bad idea. Perhaps you should consider a box with L1 Widevine and Android TV ROM?

• Hi guys, I would like to come back to this one more time. When you say you will keep that fix in your future builds, does that mean they will end up in adamg's Leia builds as well? The reason I ask is that I am currently trying to prepare a christmas present with Amazon VOD, Netflix, SkyGo and LiveTV working and at the moment I have the situation from the first post with adamg's build while all this streaming stuff works perfectly.

You problem is going to be getting all that stuff working on the one device. I can tell you now 1080p with the Amazon Video App is not going to work properly if at all on any AMLogic Box apart from the 2017 Fire TV Gen3. That device cannot run LibreELEC.

You would have to do your own research regarding SkyGo - DRM Apps support is beyond the scope of this thread.

Relying on Kodi Leia Alpha builds for reliable video streaming from the services just mentioned should be avoided for a XMas presents as well.

• You problem is going to be getting all that stuff working on the one device. I can tell you now 1080p with the Amazon Video App is not going to work properly if at all on any AMLogic Box apart from the 2017 Fire TV Gen3. That device cannot run LibreELEC.

You would have to do your own research regarding SkyGo - DRM Apps support is beyond the scope of this thread.

Relying on Kodi Leia Alpha builds for reliable video streaming from the services just mentioned should be avoided for a XMas presents as well.

Sorry for not being clear: all the streaming services I mentioned DO already work (whether in a stable way or not I will still have to test). It was just meant as some background for what I am trying to do. I realize now that it only contaminated the thread, sorry for that. My main issue was whether I can expect kszaq 's fix to show up in GDPR-2 's build, and that has been answered.

Also, as the present is not for my grandma, but rather for my very computer savvy son, I believe it will do, but thanks anyway for all your warnings.