[SOLVED] Dropped frames caused by subtitle rendering

• X92 has 2 versions - q200 and q201. Besides that q201 comes with 100MB Lan and with 1GB Lan.

I had "no luck" and got q201 with 1GB Lan, so I can use both images. Since I don't use Lan, I don't care which specific .img I use.

My box works the same with both. I cannot spot any difference between q200 and q201.

In any case q200 device tree is correct for X92 in LE/CE. Try it with the same settings. This is output from my CE:

Code
    CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq
  • On which version?

I use mentioned advancedsettings.xml only on CoreElec devel version to eliminate subtitle stutter.

Your test file has embedded subtitle.srt, which are less problematic for me than externall.srt; so I extracted .srt to use it externally for testing.

Btw, your test file is almost all a zooming sequence, but the stutter is easier to spot on panning scenes with vertical lines.

All the time I am writing about Wrxtasy's 8.2.4 Subtitles-ff.

For half a year I have watched movies annoying with 8.xxx builds from Kszaq, good work, but not for subtitles srt:)

I am very happy now, but I can't get that overclock working because dtb.img does not match with my H96 Pro+

CoreElec and LibreElec 9.0 Devel is completely new for me, even never heart of it.

The framedrop issue with srt subs is completely solved for me now and GUI performance does not interest me, because everything you win is eleminated by hdmi cec remote.

I leave my box working on 666 MHz and tonight I gonna watch movies and not framedrops, tearing, motion blur etc.^^

• All the time I am writing about Wrxtasy's 8.2.4 Subtitles-ff.
    I am very happy now, but I can't get that overclock working because dtb.img does not match with my H96 Pro+

CoreElec and LibreElec 9.0 Devel is completely new for me, even never heart of it.

There is a simple way to overclock GPU in CE.9.0 version, as boot2k3 kindly explained to me over PM, in order not to spam in this thread. Ask him on PM to point you in the right direction ;)

• There is a simple way to overclock GPU in CE.9.0 version, as boot2k3 kindly explained to me over PM, in order not to spam in this thread. Ask him on PM to point you in the right direction ;)

Is there a clear noticable better video performance when I should overclock my 8.2.4 firmware to 792 MHz? I am not talking about a more snappier and quicker GUI, but better and more smooth playback from especially 4K movies?

On 666 MHz it plays very well allready, but I wonna reach the edge8)

UPDATE!!!

I downloaded the gxm_q200_3g.dtb file again from Mega, renamed it to dtb.img and pasted it on the SD card.

This time the H96 did boot fine:P:P:P

I think the first time I downloaded it something went wrong, I did this with the Ipad Mega app and uploaded it to the update folder by using SMB with the filebrowser app on Ipad.

Now I used a Windows computer just the oldfashioned way and everything is OK.

All my previous posts are actually for nothing, sorry for bothering you.

Indeed the GUI is more snappy now with 792 MHz.

But, most important, is the video performance improved?

I think that it is more smoother then before, but you must have very good eyes to notice this.

I am very interested in experiences of other users.:cool:

Edited once, last by johnberg (April 14, 2018 at 5:16 PM).

• Is there a clear noticable better video performance when I should overclock my 8.2.4 firmware to 792 MHz? I am not talking about a more snappier and quicker GUI, but better and more smooth playback from especially 4K movies?

On 666 MHz it plays very well allready, but I wonna reach the edge8)

how to overclock the s905x boxes?

• Hi Wrxtasy, can you point me to the optimised LE 8.2.4.x Kodi Krypton release for Minix U9-H please? Am using Kaszaq built now. Would like to try the GPU overclock too. If I switch from Kaszaq's build to your build do I need to redo the apps in Kodi? Thanks in advance.

• I've been testing all sorts of additions and tweaks and will have a new 8.2.4.x image, and new thread out soon that makes Kodi configuration a bunch easier.

• wrxtasy

I understand that you are also in CoreElec team, and what interests me is, are bringing new settings into next version that solve my subttitle sttuter?

First is GPU overclock that I run from autostart.sh, and second is "remove all dirty regions" that i run from advancesettings.xml.

Would be more convinient to have both in Kodi Settings :)

• Maybe, but a LibreELEC .tar backup should always be stored away somewhere externally before attempting anything.

See the Wiki link above that will have instructions about backing up and restoring LibreELEC setups.