Khadas VIM2 and DTV board

• Thank afl1 :thumbup:

I am trying that DTB with LE-8.2.2.3 from kszaq and it seems to scan, but not tunning. I attach the TVH log for DVB-S and DVB-T.

By the way, the predefined muxes configuration for Astra19.2E in the TVH 4.2.5 from LibreELEC repo 8.2.113 is wrong and I have had to manually add 3 in order to test (I think data is right, from kingofsat listings).

Pls install LE 9.0 on new SD card and install TVH from LE repository.There is TVH 4.3-902. Try to setup single network 19.2E with autodiscovery (new muxes + changed muxe ). Add manually single transponder e.g. 19.2E 10817.5V and scan it (change scan status to active and save it).

For scanning this transponder I've got following log:

As you can see there was scanned 8 services (pid 1025 - 1038).

• So having the same issues here, LE 8.2.8 works with some dtb.img but not with others. Seems no one is working on this version so its unlikely that proper support for the DVB-S feature will arrive.

Experimented with the LE s912-8.90 build but couldn't get it to boot with any of the dtb.img I came across.

From what a Khadas associated says this is an issue with propitiatory drivers and will not be quickly resolved:

"

Libreelec and VIM2 is clear.

Libreelec and VIM2 is clear.
    About the vTV HAT, there is no working open source linux drivers at the moment and they can’t be compiled as well if you are not a C+ guru having the vendor source :slight_smile: This HAT and all boards on this chipset can be used only with Android. I make an “investigation” and the problem is much more complicated than just to compile some drivers from available source even it is sent by the vendor itself. Don’t push kszaq to help, because he can’t! Even with compiled drivers this board not work (tested) in linux, because they don’t work. The source spinning around is not the correct one! linux drivers are proprietary peace of software used in commercial linux based STBs. No drivers, no TV. I hope that soon, the chipset vendor will open their drivers, otherwise somebody have to write drivers and not to compile them"

I am fairly disappointing since not even the version of Android I tried supported the DVB-S function which smacks of false advertising after 3months out in the wild.

Shoog

• You guys need to follow the instructions set out very clearly by afl1 rather than trying your own methods and adding confusion and delaying a fix to the issues.

Prerequisite for testing is 8.90.1!

8.2 is not supported so stop trying to use it, this could not have been made any more clear.

• Got LE 8.90.1 to load with the listed gmx-kvim2-dtb, and no change to scanning success. All scans time out with no data returned and that applies to both DVB-s and DVB-t.

Shoog

• Pls install LE 9.0 on new SD card and install TVH from LE repository.There is TVH 4.3-902. Try to setup single network 19.2E with autodiscovery (new muxes + changed muxe ). Add manually single transponder e.g. 19.2E 10817.5V and scan it (change scan status to active and save it).

Now with Tvheadend 4.3-902 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.115 . Same result: not services detected (TVH problem?). I attach tvh and dmesg logs.

Shoog DVB-S is working in Android. I don't undertand your message. Everyone here is spending time to share, no obligations, no demanding messages...

• So I went back and investigated the Android build (tried the other version from the downloads page of Khadas). Got DVB-S without any issues, but discovered the card functions as either a DVB-S or a DVB-T or a DVB-C card, but not interchangeably between the different formats. Unfortunate limitation but not totally unexpected.

Shoog

• afl1 the Khadas team will usually supply developer samples, it's worth emailing them and asking if they would be happy to provide a KVIM2 and the DTV board for LE support.

• afl1 the Khadas team will usually supply developer samples, it's worth emailing them and asking if they would be happy to provide a KVIM2 and the DTV board for LE support.

Yep, here they are describing similar problems and there is a complete patch to the android VTV firmware...