Khadas VIM2 and DTV board

  • Dear all,


    First of all I would like to thank kszaq for the nice S912 build, which I am using with Khadas VIM2.

    kszaq said that DTV board was working with this build. I can see the /dev/dvb/adapter0 device tree. However, neither VDR nor TVHeadend can tune a DVB-S channel.


    Any ideas/hints are highly appreciated.


    Kind regards,

    Rudi

  • Reboot box and then submit via ssh command :dmesg | paste

    Post link generating by this command.

  • The link is HXTY


    As you can see, DVB adapter is there. It is also available in device tree. However, it does not work. In oppoiste to Android the blue lock-LED on DTV board is always on.


    Rudi

  • You probably use wrong TVH version. Try to upgrade TVH from LibreELEC repository. There is the latest version 9.0.43-637. Try to connect via webif

    (<box_ip>:9981) and verify Configuration->DVB Inputs->TV Adapters.

  • That's what i did. I upgraded first and used the webinterface to configure and scan. The interface displays all adapters correctly. However, scan does not find a single channel. VDR has the same problem. Wirbelscan plugin does not find any channel. If I copy a valid channels.conf to libreelec version, vnsi will get no valid data, which means no TV reception.


    Using Android (VTV app) the lock LED (blue) only is on in case of a tuned DVB-S channel. Using LINUX its always on directly after kernel module init (firmware upload). Card is not tuned at this moment and cannot have a lock.


    I will follow your suggestion again this evening and redo all steps. Thank you for your support. I highly appreciate it!


    Edit: I just tested afl1's libreelec (TVH identical to the number provided) and also kszaq's (older TVH). Both do not work. I need to correct myself. Blue lock LED is already on while booting libreelec. This is not the case while booting Android. There the blue DTV lock LED is off and only turns on in case of an lock. Could there be a problem in dtb file?

    Edited once, last by rudi ().

  • Hi, I have also the VIM2 and the DTV expansion board.


    I have the same problem reported by rudi.


    Although I'm seeing all my adapters in thveadend tv adapters, I can't open any channel (and all the muxes fail). I guess it seems to be a problem of the dtb driver developed by kszaq.


    If instead of using this dtv board in vim2, I use a external sat-iptv, everything works as expected in tvheadend.


    Regards.

  • Are you able to send me dbt.img from android? You can find it in android upgrade image or submit ssh command:dd if=/dev/dtb of=/storage/dtb-kvim2.img bs=1k count=256

  • Are you able to send me dbt.img from android? You can find it in android upgrade image or submit ssh command:dd if=/dev/dtb of=/storage/dtb-kvim2.img bs=1k count=256

    Hi af1, let me now if this file attached above by sch61 is enough to find a fix. Regards.

  • # dmesg | paste

    <html>

    <head>

    <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>

    </head>

    <body>

    <h1>500 Internal Server Error</h1>

    The server has either erred or is incapable of performing the requested operation.<br /><br />




    </body>

    </html>


    In configuration Tvheadend tree of TV adapters is empty.


  • Use dmesg > output.log and attach this file getting it in the directory where you are (with winscp for example). You can also use only dmesg command and paste all the lines in a new file.


    Regards.