[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• wapvi normally NTFS is the slowest on Linux due to bad ntfs-3g module.

May be you should try increase read ahead setting for ext4 mounting options of that harddisk in fstab.

But before you that, check the read performance of your disk first. Here is mine 31 mb/s

mine reads at 23

/dev/sdb1:

Timing buffered disk reads: 66 MB in 3.04 seconds = 21.72 MB/sec

LibreELEC:~ # hdparm -t /dev/sdb1

/dev/sdb1:

Timing buffered disk reads: 70 MB in 3.04 seconds = 23.06 MB/sec

LibreELEC:~ # hdparm -t /dev/sdb1

/dev/sdb1:

Timing buffered disk reads: 72 MB in 3.02 seconds = 23.82 MB/sec

LibreELEC:~ #

• Thanks for the clarification, my NFS share is working fine with high bitrates uhd files. Also ntfs disk is working fine and since I have a 8tb hdd I don't I can back up to reformat as ext3 or any other format. Is there a way to fix this without ?

At this point, with all the explanations given, it should be clear that you're hitting the limitations of your box and that there's nothing left but simply accepting it. Any further discussion for a workaround or solution (different box, how to create a backup, how to reformat, etc.) would be beyond the scope of this thread and largely up to your imagination.

Edited once, last by Forage (January 9, 2018 at 7:43 AM).

• Ok. Then hopefully uhd hdr gets in kodi build for Xbox so o can use my Xbox one x for that hope that'snot a Fiat as well

I did not want to offend You.

Could You connect Your ext4 formated HDD to Your Xbox ?

Why not the easy way ?

Copy the contend of the HDD to backup spare(borrow a harddisk) - reformat ext4 to another format - solved and the FIAT becomes a Ferrari

• Perhaps you should try disabling journal first:

Code
    umount /dev/sdX1
    tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/sdX1
    tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdX1
    e2fsck -f /dev/sdX1
  • Perhaps you should try disabling journal first:

Code
    umount /dev/sdX1
    tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/sdX1
    tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdX1
    e2fsck -f /dev/sdX1

i will try that and report back thanks

I did not want to offend You.

Could You connect Your ext4 formated HDD to Your Xbox ?

Why not the easy way ?

Copy the contend of the HDD to backup spare(borrow a harddisk) - reformat ext4 to another format - solved and the FIAT becomes a Ferrari

you did not offend me :) Kodi on xbox is still in the early stage plus id rather have a dedicated box for streaming rather than using the xbox. i found a better solution since i have some HDD with stuff i dont need anymore i'll just plug the ext4 drives to my router (streaming is flawless from it no hiccups) and connect the NTFS drives directly to my Box. And btw, it has nothing to do with box capabilities, as im able to play jelly fish 140mbs files from the box's NTFS formatted USB hdd without hiccup only ext4 HDD is causing problems

EDIT: after your suggestion kszaq , i had a bunch of inode level 2 could be shorter errors, im sure it has something to do with disk errors?i clicked no then did hdparm

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # hdparm -t /dev/sda1

/dev/sda1:
     Timing buffered disk reads: 102 MB in  3.04 seconds =  33.54 MB/sec

Edited once, last by wapvi (January 9, 2018 at 10:01 AM).

• Thanks for the clarification, my NFS share is working fine with high bitrates uhd files. Also ntfs disk is working fine and since I have a 8tb hdd I don't I can back up to reformat as ext3 or any other format. Is there a way to fix this without ?

Wait a second, are you comparing ext4 and NTFS in different harddisks? Are you serious?

• Sorry for the simple question, but I can't find an answer. I have LE 8.2.2.3 running great on an SD card. I would like to test this Leia version, but I do not have an SD card available. I do have a USB drive available. If I prepare the USB and then boot it up (after removing the SD card) will this impact the SD from booting if I switch them out?

• Sorry for the simple question, but I can't find an answer. I have LE 8.2.2.3 running great on an SD card. I would like to test this Leia version, but I do not have an SD card available. I do have a USB drive available. If I prepare the USB and then boot it up (after removing the SD card) will this impact the SD from booting if I switch them out?

You can switch between as many usb/sd's you like;)

• I think you misread what I said or maybe I just said it wrong so let me try again. When playing a uhd file from my ext4 formatted hdd nfs share everything is fine. However, when pluggingthe drive to my minix u9 and playing the same file it results in stuttering and out of sync audio. Seems like libreelec doesn't read fast enough from an ext4 had which is odd. I keep getting source is too slow to read but a ntfs formatted drive plays his files just fine.

No you have completely misread what I said, problem is nothing to do with LibreELEC, it's a combination of a poor kernel and hardware, playing over NFS reduces a lot of CPU overhead which in-turn = better playback.