[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• This might be a silly question so excuse me if it is :p

I've got a KI Pro with LE9 flashed to the NAND, do I need to reinstall Android and install the Widewine keys, then flash back to LE to get HD with Netflix and Amazon? Thanks.

The problem with Netflix on Kodi is that only S/W decoding is supported, 720p should would fine.

The same files as before give the same problems. Which is; the file I sent you about a month ago and the Samantha Bee test file you also have.

If you say they will never work I will adjust my expectations.

Not every codec can be decoded by the HW decoder, I believe there are some issues with VC-1 content, I'm not sure if that was what you sent me or not as I emptied out my inbox due to being flooded with messages without looking at it properly, sorry.

Thanks a lot! Good work. Will the issue with pvr vnsi client also be solved? Now I will get the message the add-on is not compatible with this version of Kodi. Merry Christmas to everyone.

I'm not sure which issue you are referring to, the addons should not be incompatible as they was recently compiled, afl1 is the resident DVB expert for S9xx so maybe he can shed some light on it.

• The problem with Netflix on Kodi is that only S/W decoding is supported, 720p should would fine.

Thanks, I don't actually have a Netflix account right now but I tried Amazon and it streamed at 576p. Would that bump up any higher if I had the widewine keys installed?

• Can anybody confirm that bluetooth is working with v1.1.0 - v.1.1.2 ?

I have TX5 Pro with QCA9377 and there are no adapters found.

output of dmesg | paste - JZeK

I believe BT was working on my box with v1.0.8 and stopped working with v1.1.0 or v1.1.1

I believe I may have fixed this however the change won't be until the next release, if you could report back then I would appreciate it.

Thanks, I don't actually have a Netflix account right now but I tried Amazon and it streamed at 576p. Would that bump up any higher if I had the widewine keys installed?

No the widevine keys are totally unrelated. the problem is there is no hardware-level decoding of Amazon/Netflix streams with Kodi... at least not for Amlogic devices anyway, I can't speak for other platforms. You may be able to bump it up to 720p but I don't know as I don't have an Amazon account, I'm sure somebody here with one will be able to answer that question more than I can.

• The problem with Netflix on Kodi is that only S/W decoding is supported, 720p should would fine.

Not every codec can be decoded by the HW decoder, I believe there are some issues with VC-1 content, I'm not sure if that was what you sent me or not as I emptied out my inbox due to being flooded with messages without looking at it properly, sorry.

I'm not sure which issue you are referring to, the addons should not be incompatible as they was recently compiled, afl1 is the resident DVB expert for S9xx so maybe he can shed some light on it.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe, just maybe since I'm not a programmer, these particular files could be excluded when using the HW accelerator so they always make use of the software decoder. But this might be a bridge to far, I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

• No the widevine keys are totally unrelated. the problem is there is no hardware-level decoding of Amazon/Netflix streams with Kodi... at least not for Amlogic devices anyway, I can't speak for other platforms. You may be able to bump it up to 720p but I don't know as I don't have an Amazon account, I'm sure somebody here with one will be able to answer that question more than I can.

Ahh gotcha, thanks.

• GDPR-2: Also thank you for your efforts providing the community with fresh Kodi-versions!

I can confirm:

Netflix is working well in 720p with latest version 8.90.0 from 25.12.2017 on my Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB).

But one drawback:

unfortunately 3D-autoswitching does not work as in kszaq's builds...

• GDPR-2: Also thank you for your efforts providing the community with fresh Kodi-versions!

I can confirm:

Netflix is working well in 720p with latest version 8.90.0 from 25.12.2017 on my Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB).

But one drawback:

unfortunately 3D-autoswitching does not work as in kszaq's builds...

Kindly provide the link of 8.90.0 from 25.12.2017 version?

Th

The problem with Netflix on Kodi is that only S/W decoding is supported, 720p should would fine.

The error with vnsi client appears when I am trying to update the add-on.
    i have added the screenshots. If needed I can give you also the kodi log.

• No relation between these keys and LE, AFAIK...

Your absolutely correct

Thanks for your reply. Maybe, just maybe since I'm not a programmer, these particular files could be excluded when using the HW accelerator so they always make use of the software decoder. But this might be a bridge to far, I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

There is absolutely no link what so ever.

• Cooling modd it.

Turn on the AML HW decoding capabilities (MPEG, AVC, HEVC and etc),

then accept the software based decoding/decrypting concept of streaming services like Amazon/NetFlix, whose quality will be (forever) limited to 720p at best on S9xx based LE boxes. :)

• What is best setting of adaptive input to watch full hd YouTube? Because after enable input adaptive and select full hd 1080p video, YouTube not responding or hang after some time?