[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• hello i have a question, i use libreelec 8.9.0.1 on a m8sii and for me is very good ,i use on a philips tv 22' and i can control all with tv remote ,tv and libreelec,but i have a question with tv remote i can not appear the menu on a film or series where i can mark it as seen or not seen and other, i test all the key on tv remote but nothing, how can i do? is possible to map a particular key on the remote to be used for that function or some other solutions??

thanks

• hello i have a question, i use libreelec 8.9.0.1 on a m8sii and for me is very good ,i use on a philips tv 22' and i can control all with tv remote ,tv and libreelec,but i have a question with tv remote i can not appear the menu on a film or series where i can mark it as seen or not seen and other, i test all the key on tv remote but nothing, how can i do? is possible to map a particular key on the remote to be used for that function or some other solutions??

thanks

There is an add-on called 'Keymap Editor' which works perfectly for this.

• I still have a 4:3 CRT TV without HDMI, so I'm using the analog TV out of my Nexbox A5.

After the LibreELEC boot screen I just get a blank screen. I assume this is because analog TV out is not enabled.

Would it be possible to enable analog TV out in this build (just like kszaq did in 8.0.2c)?

I have the same problem. Eventually, I use my Nexbox A5 with an old TV. Please, could someone tell us if this version (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.1.img) works with old TVs?. At the moment, I am using kszaq version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.1.1.img.gz without problems with an old TV.

Thank you so much. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks for the work.

I'm trying to transfer files from OS X to the box. Gives me -36 after a certain period of time. File "can't be read or written". Smaller files work fine. Tried different LibreELEC versions. I'm transferring from my mac to LibreELEC.

I've read several troubleshooting guides, but they are all if I experience trouble with accessing files on my mac. Not transferring them from Mac to LibreELEC.

Does anyone know a workaround?

• belaid38 Please report back if the updated addon fixed the issues for you.

hi GDPR-2 CvH

i tested with LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180106155556-r27864-gac50f89.tar

vdr 2.2.0 is stable with skin aeon.nox only not problem

but OTHER skin is not stable

but setup Channel search is not working ( vdr gui )

i run with channel.conf

i tested vdr 2.3.8 this Same reports vdr 2.2.0 but Some channels have a very slow video traffic problem

Can you handle vdr gui i need setup searth channel and setup port diseqc

• Thanks for the work.

I'm trying to transfer files from OS X to the box. Gives me -36 after a certain period of time. File "can't be read or written". Smaller files work fine. Tried different LibreELEC versions. I'm transferring from my mac to LibreELEC.

I've read several troubleshooting guides, but they are all if I experience trouble with accessing files on my mac. Not transferring them from Mac to LibreELEC.

Does anyone know a workaround?

for some reason libreelec doesnt like ext4 external HDDs, on NAS it works fine but direct play results in stutter and slow downs

Both of these have been covered before, we really should make an FAQ for these kinds of questions.

AFS/Samba don't work well on these boxes, transfer via NFS if you can and don't use wireless.

LibreELEC is not the reason or cause for slow transfers, it's a combination of a poor kernel and slow hardware, when transferring over USB the kernel stack has to handle not just the usb stack but also the ext4fs which adds an overhead to the CPU which impacts performance in Kodi which is why you see the slow down and stutter, the file system format becomes irrelevant when transferring over NFS the overheads are then handled on the remote side.

• Both of these have been covered before, we really should make an FAQ for these kinds of questions.

AFS/Samba don't work well on these boxes, transfer via NFS if you can and don't use wireless.

LibreELEC is not the reason or cause for slow transfers, it's a combination of a poor kernel and slow hardware, when transferring over USB the kernel stack has to handle not just the usb stack but also the ext4fs which adds an overhead to the CPU which impacts performance in Kodi which is why you see the slow down and stutter, the file system format becomes irrelevant when transferring over NFS the overheads are then handled on the remote side.

I think you misread what I said or maybe I just said it wrong so let me try again. When playing a uhd file from my ext4 formatted hdd nfs share everything is fine. However, when pluggingthe drive to my minix u9 and playing the same file it results in stuttering and out of sync audio. Seems like libreelec doesn't read fast enough from an ext4 had which is odd. I keep getting source is too slow to read but a ntfs formatted drive plays his files just fine.

• wapvi normally NTFS is the slowest on Linux due to bad ntfs-3g module.

May be you should try increase read ahead setting for ext4 mounting options of that harddisk in fstab.

But before you that, check the read performance of your disk first. Here is mine 31 mb/s

• I think you misread what I said or maybe I just said it wrong so let me try again. When playing a uhd file from my ext4 formatted hdd nfs share everything is fine. However, when pluggingthe drive to my minix u9 and playing the same file it results in stuttering and out of sync audio. Seems like libreelec doesn't read fast enough from an ext4 had which is odd. I keep getting source is too slow to read but a ntfs formatted drive plays his files just fine.

No, he didn't misread. I think you misunderstood. He is saying that using USB at all, has "overhead". With ext4, it is a journaled filesystem and has its own overhead as well in addition to the USB overhead. Playing via NFS from an ext4 partition won't have the same problem because you are eliminating the USB stack overhead itself. Plus the ext4 journal on the NFS server isn't being updated via LAN - that happens on the host PC which has the ext4 drive.

Either format your USB stick as ext3 or ext2, or setup NFS properly. ext4 is not needed unless you plan to keep the files long term - you don;t need the "journal" of ext4, so go with ext3. You area also talking about UHD/HDR content which has extremely high bitrates. Depending on your USB stick, it may not actually meet the read speed requirements regardless of the OS/filesystem you are using. I prefer to use SD cards in a tiny USB2/3 adapter (aliexpress) - I get much more consistent performance compared to gambling with USB chipsets.

These machines are not high power devices at all and cannot be compared to even the slowest of PC's from the last few generations.

Setup NFS and your problems are gone.

• No, he didn't misread. I think you misunderstood. He is saying that using USB at all, has "overhead". With ext4, it is a journaled filesystem and has its own overhead as well in addition to the USB overhead. Playing via NFS from an ext4 partition won't have the same problem because you are eliminating the USB stack overhead itself. Plus the ext4 journal on the NFS server isn't being updated via LAN - that happens on the host PC which has the ext4 drive.

Either format your USB stick as ext3 or ext2, or setup NFS properly. ext4 is not needed unless you plan to keep the files long term - you don;t need the "journal" of ext4, so go with ext3. You area also talking about UHD/HDR content which has extremely high bitrates. Depending on your USB stick, it may not actually meet the read speed requirements regardless of the OS/filesystem you are using. I prefer to use SD cards in a tiny USB2/3 adapter (aliexpress) - I get much more consistent performance compared to gambling with USB chipsets.

These machines are not high power devices at all and cannot be compared to even the slowest of PC's from the last few generations.

Setup NFS and your problems are gone.

Thanks for the clarification, my NFS share is working fine with high bitrates uhd files. Also ntfs disk is working fine and since I have a 8tb hdd I don't I can back up to reformat as ext3 or any other format. Is there a way to fix this without ?