Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W CPU - Libreelec

• Javi Mali is a total different story.

There is nothing to be protective about. Your company is not the original author. Most stuff was ripped of because the driver already existed or was based on other people work. I will cut you some slack cause you are here and you are being shitstormed for stuff you are not personally responsible for (fall guy).

I will give you the benefit of the doubt although I think it will just stay an empty promise. I hope you will prove me wrong. Until then I stand by my opinion to not buy shitty GPL breaking vendor devices.

• I guess you will get more valuable information after releasing the source, but maybe you can find something interesting here:

MEGA

Sorry, it is 4AM here in China and I am at home, so this is all what I have right now. Also, as I said, I do not use to go too deep on the systems (sadly).

Nah... my story with Mali was time ago, maybe S812... I do not remember now.

Thanks for this Javi

Unfortunately that file only gives us 2 of the 3 needed parts for the display driver, we can not bundle the precompiled kernel module, any change to the kernel config immediately taints the module so it is unusable, we really require the source for aml_linux_fd628.ko

• Good to see how much this little addon from our forum (Advanced Power Menu) helps Tanix.

I know this is not usual in China, next time please PM to author, before copy.

DIY

thread moderator

• We also killed Kennedy, Lincoln, and the last dodo bird... X/

. . .

I am talking with engineers now about sources.

1. No problem to publish fd628 source code with our changes.

2. About 9082xs WiFi driver source: We just have the .ko compiled by provider. (They will ask provider if can release the source to us. But no idea if will be success... we just can try)

I will back to you soon.

• Javi that's great and thanks for getting the vendor to supply these to us, it will certainly go a long way to adding better support for Tanix boxes to LE in the future.

A lot of developers have heard empty promises of sources being provided before so please do not take the hostile attitudes personally, there is a saying... "once bitten, twice shy"

If the vendor could get hold of or release the wifi driver code that would be a big help for us :)

• Javi that's great and thanks for getting the vendor to supply these to us, it will certainly go a long way to adding better support for Tanix boxes to LE in the future.

A lot of developers have heard empty promises of sources being provided before so please do not take the hostile attitudes personally, there is a saying... "once bitten, twice shy"

If the vendor could get hold of or release the wifi driver code that would be a big help for us :)

I have to send you a PM later...

• I'd ask that the LE repo is removed and forked properly before the branch is then re-added. This allows cross-fork comparison so changes made can be easily seen and understood. The way it's currently been done, comparison is awkward.

Working on this

• With the work, being carried out on this particular device to get Libreelec working. I expect the number of sales to increase, do you think it would be a good idea if the manufacturer donated to the Libreelec project?

Perhaps, if when people purchased this device, they said they were a forum member, a small donation could be made by the manufacturer?

If this is off topic, please move it.