Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W CPU - Libreelec

• I've ordered a Tanix TX3 Max (S905W. 2GB/16GB) to go along with my two Nexbox A95 (S905X, 2GB/16GB), hopefully I've not made a mistake and we see Tanix follow through on their promises.

One thing for me which would make me more likely to recommend them would be if the Libreelec dual boot version could be swapped to a community build from kszaq so we're not waiting on updates (personally I won't use Android on it ever so I hope Libreelec will boot by default.

• I've ordered a Tanix TX3 Max (S905W. 2GB/16GB) to go along with my two Nexbox A95 (S905X, 2GB/16GB), hopefully I've not made a mistake and we see Tanix follow through on their promises.

One thing for me which would make me more likely to recommend them would be if the Libreelec dual boot version could be swapped to a community build from kszaq so we're not waiting on updates (personally I won't use Android on it ever so I hope Libreelec will boot by default.

I believe the dual boot version is already based on the source by kszaq.

Unfortunately you will not see an official build that works 100% for Tanix TX3 mini, we still don't have the wifi driver for various reasons, the builds will work fine if you only require ethernet though.

Personally I find it very sad because I have always recommended Tanix products to everybody but for this particular device I can not recommend buying it for LE for the above reason, all the others they sell are okay.

• He asked about the TX3 Max, not TX3 Mini, now TX3 Mini with the new dtb and LE 8.90.3 is excellent, I don"t find any issues. Wifi works great, ethernet too.

I completely missed that, I don't know which chip the Max has however the only reason wifi works now is because we have added a precompiled module, this will not be used in any official LE builds.

• i have the TX3 mini Wifi tree file... but the deleted my post 2 times...

By the way framerate switching does not work on the Tanix libreelec version so for me i stick to the kszaq img using the wifi tree

• i have the TX3 mini Wifi tree file... but the deleted my post 2 times...

By the way framerate switching does not work on the Tanix libreelec version so for me i stick to the kszaq img using the wifi tree

I don't know what you mean by Wi-Fi tree file? Framerate switching works fine for me

• I believe the dual boot version is already based on the source by kszaq.

Unfortunately you will not see an official build that works 100% for Tanix TX3 mini, we still don't have the wifi driver for various reasons, the builds will work fine if you only require ethernet though.

Personally I find it very sad because I have always recommended Tanix products to everybody but for this particular device I can not recommend buying it for LE for the above reason, all the others they sell are okay.

My main concern is they'll either update the LibreElec version infrequently or never will, so a way to keep the current dual boot up to date with community builds would be great.

The TX3 Max uses RTL8723BS for it's wifi from what I can tell on freaktab but Ethernet is ok for my use anyway.

• My main concern is they'll either update the LibreElec version infrequently or never will, so a way to keep the current dual boot up to date with community builds would be great.

The TX3 Max uses RTL8723BS for it's wifi from what I can tell on freaktab but Ethernet is ok for my use anyway.

I don't think that will be possible I'm afraid but you can already dual boot Android with the latest version of LE.

• I don't think that will be possible I'm afraid but you can already dual boot Android with the latest version of LE.

Yeah I'm doing it on a few Nexbox A95X's (and MK808B Plus). I'm just not sure what would happen with Internal Android + Internal Librelec + External (SD) Libreelec, could get a bit messy!

• Thinking about it more it could be made to make auto update work but I don't think there is any desire from anybody to work with this box any further due to the Wifi issue, it's caused us enough headache already.

• These interlaced videos are wrong with S905W

Go Here #2,583 and #2,586

I just tried playing your 1080p file on this pile of crap TX3Mini s905W chip box and it plays horribly.

More issues with this chip are going to arise as more users will find out as they experiment with different files.:evil:

Edited once, last by kostaman (February 3, 2018 at 7:23 AM).

• Thinking about it more it could be made to make auto update work but I don't think there is any desire from anybody to work with this box any further due to the Wifi issue, it's caused us enough headache already.

Just found out more issues from another user Link #83

Edit: Just tried to play files in Android. All same bad results using three players including Kodi.

Confirmed this S905W Chip is JUNK

This Box and S905W Chip are dead and buried.

The Wifi is the least of worries.

Marked as DON'T BUY.

Fixed Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W CPU - Libreelec

Edited once, last by kostaman: Solved (February 3, 2018 at 12:29 PM).