update moonlight-embedded to 2.4.3

• Hi, I've been testing this addon on latests LibreElec 9 Alpha (Milhouse) on my RPI3 and after successful pair, I select a game and the RPI3 just reboots Libreelec. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

• Pre-alpha code is frequently full of bugs and stability issues. So, err.. no surprises here!

I tested the ZIP version attached a couple of posts ago (version 2) and it works fine on LE 8.1.2 Beta for RPi. Unfortunatelly I removed LE 9 so I cannot test that version, but maybe it works. The one on the LE repository it's not updated or it's diferent from the one posted here, right ?

• Hi,

Would it be possible to update to 2.4.4?

I would gladly test it for Intel NUC, although there should be no major issue since there should be no new dependency.

Current compilation options do work for me with SDL, however I'm wondering if it uses vaapi hardware acceleration (apparently not), which is a platform option with X11.

If compiled with the X11 option (not the X11_VDPAU as I do not have any NVidia hardware to test on) we may get working hardware acceleration on Intel GPU, instead of full software h264 decompression.

• Latest version 107 of this plugin is not working well on Intel NUC6 (6th Gen Intel), pairs fine, connects but I can only see "part" of the streamed screen, that part I see works fine, but 1/4 of the screen is missing. Like if it's streaming 720p instead of 1080p (my monitor resolution), any ideas ? Not sure what SDL version means, is there any other version to test in x86 ? This version works fine on Rpi3 by the way.

Tested on LE 8.2.0 latest version x64.

Thanks.

• I'm afraid I can't help, I have an Haswell NUC on which v107 of the plugin works correctly after modifying the moonlight.sh in order not to use pulseaudio instead of the Rpi sounddriver (sbmxxxx I think).

On the video side, as SDL compilation option means it'll be all software decompression on intel CPU/GPU, you should not have any video issue on the decompression side.

For x86, the X11 option (and X11_VDPAU if you have an NVidia GPU) is interesting as you can get the hardware decompression acceleration via the vaapi like in kodi. Unfortunately the current version of the addon binary does not include the X11 platform, only SDL.

Maybe you should look on the refresh rate option side and make sure the binary is launched with the correct options.

On my part I modified the moonlight.sh script to have sound working, and try to solve my controller issue (with no luck unfortunately, that's why I'm asking to upgrade to 2.4.4 which is supposed to do the trick).

Edit: I have the latest LE 8.2 stable version

• Everything is working fine so far.

I get the screen on my Pi without bigger problems. Only thing is that it seems to run in the background behind kodi.

If I use Yatse on my phone and tap on the square icon I see the the remote desktop mostly but kodi remains still in the top left corner. How do i prevent this or how do I work around? Thx

edit: I figured out that the square icon is just for windowed mode or fullscreen. The same what \ does on the keyboard. But thats as I said not solving the problem that kodi is still in front.

Edited once, last by bionix (December 9, 2017 at 8:02 PM).

• What i would like to see is a moonlight video calibration (in settings menu before launching the app).

I ve a 21:9 Phillips TV and when moonlight is launched my console image goes off screen in all directions (up, down, left, right). So i would like to see smth like overscan_left/up/right/down #value being implemented (like in Raspbian's /boot/config.txt)

• What i would like to see is a moonlight video calibration (in settings menu before launching the app).

I ve a 21:9 Phillips TV and when moonlight is launched my console image goes off screen in all directions (up, down, left, right). So i would like to see smth like overscan_left/up/right/down #value being implemented (like in Raspbian's /boot/config.txt)

Thats would be great if it is possible!

Here with my Samsung TV i get also black borders.

I can fix it partial with the TV Overscan setting but only top & bottom and not left & right.

I can fix it completly with editing the config.txt:

Code
    overscan_scale=1
    disable_overscan=0
    overscan_left=-9
    overscan_right=-9
    overscan_bottom=-23
    overscan_top=-26

..and before starting the game from my Rpi3/LibreElec/Kodi/Moonlight i switch my PC desktop resolution to 1920x1080.

Then i get Full HD Moonlight streaming! My native PC Display resolution is 1920x1200 16:10! ;)

• Anyone got it to work with this setup?

• LibreElec 8.2.2
    • RPi3
    • GFE 3.12.0.84
    • GeForce Driver 388.59
    • Windows 10 x64

Pairing only worked manually over SSH. Library is available. When starting a game or steam it just goes black.

• Anyone got it to work with this setup?

• LibreElec 8.2.2
    • RPi3
    • GFE 3.12.0.84
    • GeForce Driver 388.59
    • Windows 10 x64

Pairing only worked manually over SSH. Library is available. When starting a game or steam it just goes black.

I think it s the GFE that broke it somehow. My setup:

LE 8.2.3, rpi1, GFE 3.9.0.97, driver 390.97, win7 --> works

LE 8.2.3, rpi1, GFE 3.12.0.84, driver 390.97, win7 --> doesnt work (black screen).

So?

Edited once, last by Haris1977 (February 10, 2018 at 8:48 PM).

• Hm i do not use the android app (i only use it on rasp).

For the time (and for the raspi users) the only way to make your addon work with LibreELEC 8.2.3 is to roll back to GFE 3.9.0.97 (maybe there are other gfe versions too but i can't search right now).

I will try to update GFE to 3.12.0.84 and try irtimmer's moonlight embedded (Releases · irtimmer/moonlight-embedded · GitHub)

(i was facing sound stuttering with 2.4.6 version AND GFE 3.9.0.97 in irtimmer's moonlight embedded)

Edited once, last by Haris1977 (February 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM).