Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• Hi!

MECOOL M8S Pro+ 2/16G

device tree : Index of /MECOOL/

image :

Code
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.9.img.gz

installed on SD card.

Works just one of two USB slots and system is slow has delayed reaction during setup. Kodi under android works better, but I preffer LE.

Where is the problem? SD card, device tree, image or on me?

Thanks for answer.

• Sorry, I tried to buy the Beelink Mini MXIII II but I do not find a suitable shop.

About gearbest.it is shipped by mail and it takes 10 or 25 days, who knows when it arrives.

22f33a611970443.jpg

About amazon.com to ship to Italy there are over 20 euro shipping, and here too the goods could arrive in 20 days.

Do you know some trusted stores that have the Beelink Mini MXIII I available in some European warehouses ? Amazon.it is no longer available.

Or suggest me a valued alternative to the Beelink Mini MXIII I, maybe I would like to purchase it on amazon.it: Amazon.it: elettronica, libri, musica, fashion, videogiochi, DVD e tanto altro

Edited once, last by marck120 (September 28, 2017 at 4:41 PM).

• One question, the Mini M8S II regarding the quality of construction is support is at the Beelink Mini MXIII II level ? I find it on ebay shipped by italy and I do not pay customs.

It is the same quality but M8S II has better remote (silent rubber buttons instead of hard and clicky).

• Hello. I already have a Beelink Mini MXIII-II with a clean LE ... Now I'm looking for another box in another room and I found new box Aplus with S905x 5Ghz and a full remote(STOP button!!) for Kodi ..... Is it a good purchase for a clean LE?

here

• Hi, Monday I ordered the minix u1, I paid 106 euro, I still have to get it, I would not know if I made the right choice, maybe it was better to buy the odroid C2.

Do you know if the minux u1 hdmi-cec works with libreelec ? I have a samsung f6500 TV.

• Hi,

Sometimes there is mentioned to install the DRM keys. How do I do that?

Aren't the DRM keys in the firmware hardcoded?

For example, if I install the "unofficial" ATV Rom onto a MECOOL M8S Pro+ and Widevine L1 is lost, how do I install the DRM keys again?! From where?

Same for LibreELEC, how to install those DRM keys to get WV L1 ?

Thank you for help.

• Android HDCP 1.x Keys are tied to the MAC address of each individual hardware box I believe - they cannot be reflash or reused by end users.

Once they are overwritten they are gone. You cannot get Widevine L1 from user flashing Android Firmware either.

Both these have to be low level flashed at the Factory into secured storage.

If using the Android USB flashing TOOL - NEVER tick the "Overwrite Keys" box - Ever. That will kill DRM and HDCP permanently.

720p Netflix and 720p Amazon too I believe can work with some Alpha - LibreELEC Kodi Leia versions with some DIY.

See @Raybuntu's ODROID C2 Leia thread for self install and general Kodi Leia setup details.

• H96 PRO Plus KODI 17.3 Android 7.1 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 4K 3GB/32GB 802.11AC WIFI 1000M LAN

33 quid. Isn't this extremely cheap for the H96 Pro+ ? 32 GB and 3 GB ram. Geekbuying charges $60 or so. Is this for real? And have anyone tried to install the H96 Pro Plus to internal? I can't use SD.

MOD EDIT: Product Link deleted. Pls read Forum rules.

• So, on those boxes with WideVine L1 LibreELEC should not be installed to internal ? (via installtointernal) otherwise DRM keys are lost either?

Or does this not overwrite the keys?

Thank you again :)

• Installing LibreELEC to internal is not going to corrupt DRM keys on the M8S Pro+ because they are stored in a secured storage area.

As I said you have to use the low level eMMC flashing - USB Burning Tool to Overwrite the DRM keys. That Tool has noting to do with LibreELEC

The DRM keys do not get overwritten on the similar WeTek Hub / Play2 when installing LibreELEC to internal eMMC/NAND.

Everything remains intact.