Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• I'm taking about Ethernet speed.

I suppose you use USB extension to "upgrade" Ethernet port on Android box 10/100 Ethernet to gigabit, right?

• Greetings,

Dear @wxrtasy; it is much clearer if you write the first message which chip version supports which feature.

Example: There is no VP9 codec support in the 905 release.
    Or the 905D version has a DVB Interface.

Best regards...

• Class 10 UHS-1 or better

Don´t use cheap noname brands.

I use Samsung(Pro+), Sandisk(Extreme Pro) and Lexar(Professional)

Thank you for your explanations.

From 32 gb I think it's okay.

This model I think is fine:

ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1

It is written:

Samsung MB-MC32GA / EU EVO Plus, 32 GB, UHS-I, up to 95 MB / s, but I have no idea if it is class 10.

The Samsung MB-MD32GA / EU PRO Plus, 32 GB, UHS-I, U3 Class, up to 100 MB / s Read and 90 MB / s costs 34 euros.

Does EVO Plus really hope it's okay ?

• dobrý den,

Hello, I am sorry, I do not speak english I have an android IPTV box with Amilogic S905W CPU. Can not boot libreelec over microsd card. Only the logo on the monitor is lit when the card is inserted. After removing the card, the box is turned on androd. I do not have the correct aml_autoscript.zip. Will anyone help?

Ps:

I have another box with the S905X CPU where everything is OK

• Samsung EVO is OK

UHS-I is equal or better than class 10

Hint:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

Thanks for the explanations you were very kind.

In the end I was thinking of taking the minix u1 as a device seems obsolete, the s905 has great performance, the lack of support vp9 is not a problem, the problem is that the device will never be updated to marshmallows, they gave me confirmation forum: Minix u1 Marshmallow | MINIX Forum - Official. Android 5.1 is very stable, but I was told that many apps are no longer compatible with android 5.1, for example, kodi Krypton 17.0 is no longer compatible with Android Lollipop: Kodi Community Forum 306038. Sure with libreelec android 5.0 or 6.0 I think it is indifferent.

• Android 5.1 is very stable, but I was told that many apps are no longer compatible with android 5.1, for example, kodi Krypton 17.0 is no longer compatible with Android Lollipop

That is incorrect. Android Kodi 17.x needs as a minimum Android Lollipop 5.x.x - which does not make a difference anyway on a device like the MINIX U1 as you would be using the superior LibreELEC Kodi anyway.

There are a whole bunch of us happily using LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic S905's, we don't even care much about VP9 or HDR.

These days I would rather wait until cheaper Dolbyvision TV's come down in price and really hit the mass market and then it will be time to upgrade. Especially now that Apple has gotten the DV ball rolling with its Apple TV 4K. That is when you will visually see the biggest difference and get the best bang for your buck.

• That is incorrect. Android Kodi 17.x needs as a minimum Android Lollipop 5.x.x - which does not make a difference anyway on a device like the MINIX U1 as you would be using the superior LibreELEC Kodi anyway.

There are a whole bunch of us happily using LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic S905's, we don't even care much about VP9 or HDR.

These days I would rather wait until cheaper Dolbyvision TV's come down in price and really hit the mass market and then it will be time to upgrade. Especially now that Apple has gotten the DV ball rolling with its Apple TV 4K. That is when you will visually see the biggest difference and get the best bang for your buck.

Thank you so much for the explanations, I was wrong, yes, I did not read the topic properly. Okay, I think I understand, LibreELEC is installed on micro SD so the version of android that has the box is indifferent.

I did not know the Apple TV 4K, for the moment I also have a TV full HD 1080p , i have a samsung 46 f6500, so i do not care for 4k at the moment, as long as I'm on TV I'm not going to change it.

I'm undecided, I did a bit of calculating the expense, if I decide for the s905 i take the minix u1, if i take the s905x as box i choose the Beelink Mini MXIII II.

Expense:

MINIX Neo U1 + A2 Lite = € 124.90

SD card 32 GB = € 16.63

Total = € 141.53

---------------------------------------

Beelink MINI MXIII II 2G + 32G = 58.99

MINIX A2 Lite = € 24.90

SD card 32 GB = € 16.63

Total: €100.52

Unfortunately the Beelink MINI MXIII II 2G on amazon.it is no longer available, if you have any idea about some other box with s905x let me know.