Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• Well, I'm been using Khadas VIM box for several months, as "always on" device. The stock device had no heatsink at all. I've added a tiny (aluminum one) by myself. So far works well. It has dual band wifi and BT. None of them are being used by me.

A friend of mine bought the Beelink device and I had a chance to play with the box. It had better, classy look and definitely better heat management as well as similar to my device price and features. The friend is happy with the MXIII, that what he told me on several occasions.

Thank you for the advice.

The only android box with a good build quality compatible with libreelec looks like the minix neo u1, but you have to settle for the s905, the 905x cpu box I did not find a good quality box that distinguishes it from other devices like me you've confirmed the Beelink MXIII II is probably the most recommended one. I also thought I would take the MECOOL KI PRO TV.

I currently found these android boxes :

wetek play2 (cpu: s905)

wetek hub (cpu: s905h)

minix neo u1 (cpu: s905)

DroidBOX T8-S Plus v2, (cpu: s905)

MECOOL KI PRO TV (new CPU: s905d, Android 7.1)

MECOOL M8S Pro + (cpu: s905x, Android 7.1 not supported wifi on libreelec)

Beelink MXIII II (s905x)

M96X Pro 4k (cpu: s905x Android 7.1.1)

M96X VBOX (cpu: s905x Android 7.1)

MEMO UFO MEMOHI (cpu: 905x)

ZIDOO A5S (cpu: S905X)

Bundle M9S Z8 (cpu: s905x)

NEXBOX A95X (cpu: S905X)

Qbox (cpu: S905X)

Edited 2 times, last by marck120 (September 4, 2017 at 12:50 PM).

• Another thing one might consider when buying a TV box is a power adapter voltage. 5V adapters might have difficulties running external hard drives over USB, while 12V is more reliable choice.

• As much as I know, Nvidia Shield along with ZIDOOs are the best android boxes.

As for remote control -- is TV's RC not sufficient for your needs? I'm been using RC through the television's CEC interface. Works well.

Personally, I, don't care about Android at all. If the only thing your are going to do with the box is media center, then Libreelec is better solution.

Edited once, last by alexeiyo (September 4, 2017 at 8:35 PM).

• As much as I know, Nvidia Shield along with ZIDOOs are the best android boxes.

As for remote control -- is TV's RC not sufficient for your needs? I'm been using RC through the television's CEC interface. Works well.

Personally, I, don't care about Android at all. If the only thing your are going to do with the box is media center, than Libreelec is better solution.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Yes, the Nvidia Shield is the top, unfortunately it costs too much. About the ZIDOOs to which model do you refer ? ZIDOOs A5S ? ZIDOOs X9S is not compatible with libreelec.

The remote control of my samsung TV is very poor, it is not suitable for a media-center use, the remote control I am going to take the MINIX NEO A2.

Yes, the box android i have to use it mainly with libreelec, android i need it right to try some interesting app.

Edited once, last by marck120 (September 4, 2017 at 8:17 PM).

• Thank you so much for the advice.

Yes, the Nvidia Shield is the top, unfortunately it costs too much. About the ZIDOOs to which model do you refer ? ZIDOOs A5S ? ZIDOOs X9S is not compatible with libreelec.

The remote control of my samsung TV is very poor, it is not suitable for a media-center use, the remote control I am going to take the MINIX NEO A2.

Yes, the box android i have to use it mainly with libreelec, android i need it right to try some interesting app.

X9s if you just need one of the best Android boxes. But if you need an HDMI input, internal hard drive option and money is no object, then X10. But only for Android, as you know.

• X9s if you just need one of the best Android boxes. But if you need an HDMI input, internal hard drive option and money is no object, then X10. But only for Android, as you know.

Thank you so much, I need a good android device compatible with libreelec, unfortunately the X9s and the X10 are not compatible, the only ZIDOO compatible with libreelec seems to me to be just the A5S.

• Look like good device. Just reconfirm it has really good compatibility with Libreelec (wifi, Bluetooth, optical output). And find a good deal.

Looks like an unknown device, it's okay to get a device already tested on the forum, if I want to spend the only one is the Beelink MXIII II that I had recommended to you, I saw that many users on the signed forum have the Beelink MXIII II, otherwise the more devices tested with the s905 remain the wetek play2 and the minix neo u1, the MECOOL KI PRO TV I think has already been tested on the forum. Unfortunately libreelec is not compatible with the s912.

Edited once, last by marck120 (September 4, 2017 at 11:49 PM).

• I am curious why a lot of people go to raspi 3 for kodi use most despite the fact that it doesnt support4K.i wonder go for a raspi 3 or beelink MXIII II would be better choice.price is close but about performance?i am going to buy one of these or i am going to another solution like vero4k.i dont care much about netflix atm.i am mostly kodi user and till now i had a crapy android x96.did the job but not close to what i want.

• I'm using an M8S II which has much better remote then MXIII II has.
    It can play even the highest bitrate UHD BD streams (like Lalaland) from my NAS.

In fact, I use it with a gigabit-USB adapter so I never had problem with the network bandwith.

I have several Raspberrys but they can play max. full HD but even for that you have to buy licenses.

• I haven't seen any M8S II with S905.

M8S was S905, M8S II is S905X.

The H96 Pro is working under LE, but S912 LE has some problem described in the S912 topic (freezes mostly).

Also some 4k video plays with little stops, so it is not perfect and maybe it never will (because the lack of the drivers).