Libreelec support ROCK64

• I saw that Kwiboo releases test builds for ROCK64 on github.

Is official LibreELEC support planned for this device?

Could you explain in brief what is currently working on this builds? (4K, CEC,...)

Thanks!

• Tested it 2 days ago. Cec seems not to work yet. I don't own a 4k tv, so cannot say anything about it.

But automatic framerate switching worked during my short test. HD-audio is not there yet, but is worked on. The device speed feels pretty similar to Odroid C2. As it's a veeeery early stage, we may not expect too much now.

• Thanks for reply, did you also try livetv with eg tvheadend on same machine?

Tested it 2 days ago. Cec seems not to work yet. I don't own a 4k tv, so cannot say anything about it.

But automatic framerate switching worked during my short test. HD-audio is not there yet, but is worked on. The device speed feels pretty similar to Odroid C2. As it's a veeeery early stage, we may not expect too much now.

• There are no specific plans at this moment. Kwiboo (and others) started Rockchip work on the Tinkerboard, but that only has HDMI 1.4 and broken CEC so they picked-up a better spec no-name device and then moved on again recently to poke sticks at the ROCK64. The main objective is RK3328 support in the OS (which leads to good Kodi/mpv support) and not specifically creating LE images for the ROCK64 or any other device. There are fun decisions to make about RK3328 and Amlogic in the mid-term future :)

• I was under the impression that general rockchip support was awfull, being availability of drivers and other resources. Just as it was on a lot of other soc brands (allwinner , mediatek...) Has this changed?

• afaik rockchip, allwinner and amlogic had realised that proper drivers and proper kernel integration isn't a bad thing and they work to get everything into the linux kernel. Everything is work in progress so don't get too exited YET.