Syncthing

• Official Post

Syncthing is available as an addon to LibreELEC.

At the moment, the addon provides Syncthing version 0.12.24, which does not update itself automatically.
    The addon will however be updated regularly to provide a current version of Syncthing.

If you wish to run the lastest version of Syncthing as soon as it is available (rather than when the addon is updated), you may enable automatic updates of Syncthing via the web interface (usually at libreelec.local:8384).

If you wish to keep your current version of Syncthing, disable automatic updates of the addon via Kodi settings (and make sure that automatic updates of Syncthing are disabled via the web interface).

Please provide you feedback about Syncthing on this thread.

Enjoy!

• On my side its not really working...
    Iam using a RPi2 with libreelec and Kodi 7.02 Jarvis. Installed, configured, GUI/Webinterface not reachable.
    i have to login via ssh and start syncthing manually. How can i get to start syncthing every boot or reboot?
    thanks,
    JumpY

• Hi everybody,

SyncThing on Libreelec seems to me a good idea ! My media center (Raspberry Pi2) is is often doing nothing, it is a pity to waste all this power :blush:

But, is it possible using it with a SMB access path (smb://...) ?
    What is the good practice when you don't have any local storage ?

• Try this

Ok, I have some issue but I don't know where =)
    How I can test to mount manually with ssh ?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # mount -t cifs 192.168.1.33/SyncThing /storage/Sync -o nolock
    mount: mounting 192.168.1.33/SyncThing on /storage/Sync failed: Invalid argument

Edited once, last by olivir (March 3, 2017 at 7:41 PM).

• This is what I use:

• Hi and thank you awiouy,

The only difference with mine is that I use "/storage/Sync" rather than "/var/media/Extra". It's important to put in "/var/media" ?

But systemd says it failed :

Code
    ● storage-sync.mount - cifs mount script
       Loaded: error (Reason: Invalid argument)
       Active: inactive (dead)
        Where: /storage/SyncThing
         What: //192.168.1.33/SyncThing

Edited once, last by olivir (March 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM).

• Hi and thank you awiouy,

The only difference with mine is that I use "/storage/Sync" rather than "/var/media/Extra". It's important to put in "/var/media" ?

But systemd says it failed :

Code
    ● storage-sync.mount - cifs mount script
       Loaded: error (Reason: Invalid argument)
       Active: inactive (dead)
        Where: /storage/SyncThing
         What: //192.168.1.33/SyncThing

Isn't there a mismatch between the mount point (/storage/SyncThing) and the name of the service (storage-sync)?

Either adapt the mount point (/storage/sync) or the name of the service (storage-SyncThing).

• Hello installed this on my coreelec and works fine. I understand that process needs to be started from SSH which I've done and managed to access control panel from my laptop. Just wondering what happens when I close the SSH connection, does the process keep running? Also, any way to start process at box reboot i.e. something from autostart?

There are good guides available for the PC version but not much for the LE addon. Thanks in advance.

• Also, any way to start process at box reboot i.e. something from autostart?

It should be configured as a service and enabled with systemd. Review the status with

systemctl status | grep syncthing

And be sure it is started automatically with

systemctl enable service.system.syncthing

• Hi awiouy, I love that photo with your cat!!! I love your Syncthing plugin too, but I have a problem.

I can access to my NAS thru NFS from Kodi. No problem. I added they as resources from Kodi. So I was thinking that I could access from your plugin to same folders, but the web interface doesn't let me use paths like Kodi, life nfs:// .....

Is there no way to let Sycnthing access NFS folders like Kodi does?

Thank you

• Hi awiouy, I love that photo with your cat!!! I love your Syncthing plugin too, but I have a problem.

I can access to my NAS thru NFS from Kodi. No problem. I added they as resources from Kodi. So I was thinking that I could access from your plugin to same folders, but the web interface doesn't let me use paths like Kodi, life nfs:// .....

Is there no way to let Sycnthing access NFS folders like Kodi does?

Thank you

The explanations from this wiki page apply to the system.d unit for NFS below.