What password for TigerVNC and video tearing issue.

• I'm trying to get TigerVNC working but when I try to connect from another machine I'm prompted for a password. There isn't any password setting in the addon configuration. Not sure what I'm supposed to enter for the password?

• Update-

Found what I think must be a self generated password in .kodi/addons/service.tigervnc/config/passwd but that doesn't work either. Just getting "Authentication failed".?(

• Outstanding. Worked great.

Now I need to figure out how to stop all the video tearing? Tried different compression settings at random but it didn't seem to make much difference. Screenshot attached.

• Are you trying to remotely watch videos through TigerVNC from your Chromebox?

Which hardware are you using for actually watching the video(s)?

Watching videos via a VNC connection is totally killing all video hardware acceleration.

Perhaps you need to rethink your viewing solutions.

• Or why don't you try something like Chorus...it gives you a Kodi GUI on your PC...you can control kodi and play locally on kodi or on your PC without the need of setting up a server if you are after something to use at home...then if you want to access from outside your network you ll need something like Emby...I prefer Plex from Emby to be honest but they both do the job..

• Are you trying to remotely watch videos through TigerVNC from your Chromebox?

Which hardware are you using for actually watching the video(s)?

Watching videos via a VNC connection is totally killing all video hardware acceleration.

Perhaps you need to rethink your viewing solutions.

VNC is not able to "stream" a video without problems. If you need a Stream solution Emby Server (at addons) is likely something for you :)

No. Not trying to watch videos over VNC. This is just needed for adjusting settings without having to tie up the living room tv for extended periods and listen to a bunch of "are you done yet":).

The tearing doesn't really prevent that but it's very annoying waiting for it to settle down every time the image changes. Was hoping I could get VNC working a little better.

• Or why don't you try something like Chorus...it gives you a Kodi GUI on your PC...you can control kodi and play locally on kodi or on your PC without the need of setting up a server if you are after something to use at home...then if you want to access from outside your network you ll need something like Emby...I prefer Plex from Emby to be honest but they both do the job..

Actually, I prefer Plex for streaming to my smart devices. Especially if I'm connecting over WAN.

• I m assuming and I might be wrong that TigerVNC is sending picture frames to the PC that's why it looks like it's flickering...you might play a bit with settings perhaps there is a setting you can increase the frames it sends but it might slow up your system..