Posts by M3Rocket

escalade I recently just updated to LE 9.2.6 from 8.2.5, and the problem with VNC (using TigerVNC) problem persists. Using xorg.conf with the following solves it on my Haswell, but creates other problems.

Code
    Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Intel Graphics" 
      Driver      "modesetting" 
      Option      "DRI"    "3"  
    EndSection

Is there a build of 9.x with an updated Intel graphics driver that solves this problem with VNC?

Really strange problem when I upgraded to 8.1.2 from 8.1.1--two specific samba shares I added in samba.conf is inaccessible/not listed while all the others are. All the other samba shares like Configfiles, Pictures, Music, Screenshots, etc. all work and is browse-able. I had to go back to 8.1.1 to gain access to these two paths via SMB.

These two additional paths in samba.conf:

Also, smbstatus is not included with LE, but is there an equivalent console command so I can see which SMB shares are mounted?

I also migrated to 8.1.1 from 8.0.2 and am using Windows 10 Creators Update to access Samba shares. Windows 10 Creators Update has SMB1 disabled by default, so changing the option within LE is pointless. But make sure you enable SMB password in the LE Settings addon and use the name and password listed there when logging into the Samba shares.

Also backup the old samba.conf. Then copy the samba.conf.sample to samba.conf and reboot LE. In my setup, the previous samba.conf from 8.0.2 did not work at all with 8.1.1.

Yes i use hyperion from the LE repo.

You need a config file that you can create with hypercon.

You can download hypercon from the offical hyperion site.

Once you created a config file you have to copy you config to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion and reboot.

That's all good luck!

If you're going to use Hypercon, make sure you use the one modified by the LE team. The one on the Hyperion official site doesn't copy the config files to the correct directories. The official LE Hypercon is here: Hypercon - LibreELEC

I found that with VNC set to High Color/16 Bits, it would flicked continuously.
    With VNC set to True Color/24 Bits the interface only flickers when something changes, so it's useable.

I think the reason for this is that on True Color in your setup, the refresh rate is reduced. And therefore, the flicker only seems to happen when you change something.

In my setup, the flickering and screen tearing happens regardless of color depth. Just that at higher color depths, the refresh is lower, and it seems like it flickers less. Changing to "modesetting" solves it on my Haswell setup, but causes other video problems. So I'm stuck till the driver gets fixed.

The modesetting driver makes it so that VNC works without the unusable flickering. But it causes micro stuttering on video playback both in HW acceleration and SW modes on my Haswell setup and nothing in the logs to show for it. I've switched back to 2D/DDX driver since it's the lessor of the two evils.

Is there a more recent community build with an upgraded video driver that will solve both problems at once?

Figured it out--looks like sometimes if left for awhile, the ssh connection looks good and I would click send config. But after looking at the SSH Traffic window, I can see now that the SSH is actually disconnected, and nothing is sent. Doh! Thanx for the assist.

Hypercon-LE.jar from Hypercon - LibreELEC works well except for a bug where the adjustments made in the Process Tab / Transform section don't get written to the config.json file. I tried Hyperion's Hypercon v1.03.1 and the settings get written properly, but of course, the Effect Path is all wrong, and it transfers the config file to the wrong directory.

Is it possible for someone on the LE team to recompile the latest Hypercon with the LE settings? Currently, I have to manually edit the hyperion.config.json file everytime I use Hypercon-LE.