Bluetooth device not recognized on Beebox

• Hello,
    I've just installed LibreElec but my Bluetooth device is not recognized.

I'm Currently using:

Libreelec 7.0.2
    Beebox Asrock ( Intel® N3150 SoC Braswell)
    Wifi + Bt 4.0 card Realtek (can't provide model) (wifi is working)

On the same hardware with Openelec Bluetooth works fine.

Is it a bug?
    I'm I missing something?

Thank you for your answers!

• Please plug in your BT card, then SSH in and get us the URL you will get from:

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit

The model should be mentioned there in some way and for that it might be easier to figure out what went wrong.

Thank you.

Here is the link :

RPQB

I think the adapter model is RTL871X .

• Code
    lspci | paste
    lsusb | paste

I can see evidence of at least 3-4 different wireless devices in dmesg output so please run ^^ those commands so we can see proper hardware details of what's on the boards. Also, which OE version is working?

• Not meaning to nag, but is the above problem being adressed in a future LE update ? I really miss using my Bluetooth keyboard, and i really dont want to revert to OE.

• Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I've activated bluetooth in libreelec options, but it says "no bluetooth adapter found". Has anyone found a workaround ?

Thanks.

• The same Problem here with my BeeBox N3150.
    I miss using my Logitech Harmony SmartControl via BT

Edit: With the milhouse builds BT ist working... (but i don't like Krypton...)

Edited once, last by Heideheizer (October 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM).

• My Beebox N3000 under LibreElec would be one of the best KODI builds if bluetooth was functionnal. Everything else is awesome. It's snappy, reads all my mkv, has hd audio passthrough.

• Still looking for a way to use bluetooth with libreelec on this device... Do you think it would work if I changed the wifi card for another model ? There's the Intel AC 7260 that can fit in the Beebox. I wonder if bluetooth would work in libreelec.

• Same problem here, but in another thread:

LibreELEC

Pastebin of my dmesg:
    UODB

Also, I can confirm that Bluetooth worked perfectly in OpenElec and also is working perfectly in Ubuntu.

This i what I get when booting the Beebox using an Ubuntu live USB stick:

In the LibreElec case, Bluetooth initialization does not go any further than initializing the SCO socket layer.

The firmware mentioned in the above Ubuntu dmesg log (rtl8821a_fw.bin) -is- available in LibreElec.

Also, hcitool can not find -any- device.

The Bluetooth device entry in lsusb:
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:0821 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Pastebin log of "lsusb -v -s 001:003":
    GcAE
    [hr]

hello there, mine is recognise (I suppose) but is disable. Can't see how enable it. any ideas? thank you

No, it is not recognized. The fact it shows as 'disable' is a symptom of it being not recognized properly.

Edited once, last by eymey (December 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM).

• Looks like Bluetooth support (although mentioned in the LibreElec configuration) is not of any importance to the developers :(

With Bluetooth for this popular box still not working, not even in recent Alpha builds and with a feature freeze going to beta, it looks like us Beebox users will be forced to go back to OpenElec (on which it has been working since the box came to market), or install Ubuntu or something alike.

Because there will be no hope any more for Libre Elec supporting it in any official build any time soon.....

@developers: I and other people here took the effort of pastebin'ing logs and giving other clues, could you at least give any indication if this is enough information or more information is needed?