Where is the Hidden File .kodi

• I used the USB-SD Creator on my PC to install LibreELEC on a USB drive.

Plugged the LibreELEC USB to my android box and booted into Kodi (17.4)

Played some streams form YouTube.

Closed Kodi.

Unplugged USB from Android box and plugged it into PC.

Using Windows explorer I cannot see the .kodi folder on the USB.

I have show hidden files set in Windows explorer and can see .kodi folder on android builds, but cannot see the .kodi file on the LibreELEC USB :(

Drilling down on the USB I can see a .nomedia file, which I think means I can see hidden files on my PC.

When I look here E:\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files the folder is empty.

How/Where can I find my Kodi folders on my LibreELEC USB?

• Thanks for info.

I noticed the second partition and Windows keeps telling me I have to format it to use it.

I'll put my LibreELEC back into my android box and have a look there. I have show hidden files set on my android box :)

• I rebooted my android box into android, plugged in the LibreELEC USB, made the changes to the USB using ES File Explorer and then rebooted into LibreELEC, all worked well.

A pity Windows will not access the EXT4 partition of the USB.

• Thanks for info, I am looking at connecting my laptop wirelessly to my android box and using windows explorer to make small changes.

The link won't be fast enough to do large folder/file transfers, I'll do that by copying the files to a different USB, plug that into my android box booted to android and transfer the large folders/files from USB to USB using ES File Explorer.

Then reboot my android box to LibreELEC.

• made the changes to the USB using ES File Explorer

After installing AFwall and disabling internet access for ES File Explorer, I see a lot of warnings that it wants to connect to the internet at many times when that should not be necessary. Wonder what they are up to?

It's a Windows vs Linux thing. But there are solutions for using EXT4 via Windows. Example: Paragon...

Paragon works but it is a very buggy solution ; for example special characters or mass deletions can crash it. Be careful using this tool in R/W mode or you could end up with a corrupted file system. They should not be charging a fee for that super-buggy beta quality software. If you can manage your Kodi installation in remote terminal mode that might be preferable.

Edited 3 times, last by LE23 (August 19, 2017 at 5:18 PM).

• I used the USB-SD Creator on my PC to install LibreELEC on a USB drive.

That is a nice tool but I wonder of the developers what is the rationale for supporting Windows if you still need to boot another OS to finish the installation because most of the free space on the memory card is wasted (i.e. the the "resize me" message in the ext4 volume)

• That is a nice tool but I wonder of the developers what is the rationale for supporting Windows if you still need to boot another OS to finish the installation because most of the free space on the memory card is wasted (i.e. the the "resize me" message in the ext4 volume)

I think you can use the space of the second partition, just not in windows

• That is a nice tool but I wonder of the developers what is the rationale for supporting Windows if you still need to boot another OS to finish the installation because most of the free space on the memory card is wasted (i.e. the the "resize me" message in the ext4 volume)

The 'other OS' needed to finish the installation is libreelec. That free space is filled on first boot.

• The 'other OS' needed to finish the installation is libreelec. That free space is filled on first boot.

Oh. Maybe there should be a "read.me" file which explains that (and a notation in the creator app) so people dont go looking for a partitioner to resize it manually. It seems I have another problem then: this buggy old Wetek box refuses to boot from the SD card. Strange thing is I can *read* the card under Android but I cannot boot it even when the ROM says that its trying.

Update: For some inexplicable reason the boot loader just decided to stop recognizing the SD card. (The index of complaints about this on the Wetek forum is 10 pages long.) The issue seems related to the "new" v1.7 bootloader which provides internal/external boot selection through the remote. Reflashing the defective Uboot 1.7 only resulted in a boot loop. Had to revert to Uboot 1.6 to solve the problem.

WeTek OS 1.1.7 for WeTek Play [14/03/2016] - Page 4 - WeTek Community Forum

Edited once, last by LE23 (August 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM).