[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

• Hello friends I am having a problem with my device TV Box Akaso KIII and Libreelec, can you help me?. The problem is ... I had on an memory USB of 8 Gb working Libreelec 8.2.1.2 of kszaq without problems and where I was running Libreelec without problems on my device. I've been updating with the last release of kszaq and everything running without problems, but I decided update my usb and i buy a new usb memory of 32gb and 3.0. I have done all the steps so that libreelec will boot on the new usb memory as I did the previous time, but when I enter the new memory in my tv box I now get this error and I do not know what that can be. Will it have something to do with what remains in the device of the version used with the other usb? I ask it from my ignorance.

Code
    *** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***

### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###

sh: can´t access tty; job control turned off

I hope you can help me or at least guide me about what may be happening. Thanks in advance and regards.

Exactly the same problem I'm facing.

I'm going to try to explain as clearly as possible:

I'm using Tanix Mini 3 (Amlogic 905W) and created the LibreElec card. Everything went fine. I followed OP tutorial to move Kodi data to internal and only boot from mSD, that went fine also. No problems at all. The thing is, that when I tried to use a Kodi backup setup from one of my other boxes and rebooted I got caught on a Kodi splash screen boot loop. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to start all over from scratch. I disconnected box from power, removed mSD card, went back to Android, did a reset there, burn LibreElec image again to my mSD card and rebooted. Now I have exactly the same problem as the user above. How can I fix this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

• I've found this very handy because now I can do a clean SD card install and still have my addons. I have two s905x boxes and want to transfer the data that's on the internal memory of the first one to the other one. How can I achieve this?

• Exactly the same problem I'm facing.

I'm going to try to explain as clearly as possible:

I'm using Tanix Mini 3 (Amlogic 905W) and created the LibreElec card. Everything went fine. I followed OP tutorial to move Kodi data to internal and only boot from mSD, that went fine also. No problems at all. The thing is, that when I tried to use a Kodi backup setup from one of my other boxes and rebooted I got caught on a Kodi splash screen boot loop. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to start all over from scratch. I disconnected box from power, removed mSD card, went back to Android, did a reset there, burn LibreElec image again to my mSD card and rebooted. Now I have exactly the same problem as the user above. How can I fix this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Same issue here. Happened twice to me. Don't know how I triggered it but got the same message. Leaves me a bit jittery that my system could crash and need a complete rebuild at any moment which isn't nice at all.

An advert for keeping the "installtointernal"

Shoog

• Im getting the below error,

[email protected]'s password:

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

##############################################

LibreELEC (community): 8.90.6 (S905.arm)

LibreELEC-Bedroom:~ # blkid

/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"

/dev/cache: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/system: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/data: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/mmcblk1: PTUUID="f25d4ef5" PTTYPE="dos"

/dev/mmcblk1p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="LIBREELEC" UUID="2303-5940" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="f25d4ef5-01"

/dev/mmcblk1p2: LABEL="STORAGE" UUID="e770ed91-cd65-40b6-82b6-679c48c3324d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="f25d4ef5-02"

LibreELEC-Bedroom:~ # e2label /dev/mmcblk1p1 ""

e2label: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/mmcblk1p1

/dev/mmcblk1p1 contains a vfat file system labelled 'LIBREELEC'

LibreELEC-Bedroom:~ #

Any ideas?

Matt

• I wanted to redo the process on a new box, but after i have done it all, i shutdown the box, removed the LE sdcard and wanted to boot the box which now boots into Android. How can i make it to boot to LE?

• I wanted to redo the process on a new box, but after i have done it all, i shutdown the box, removed the LE sdcard and wanted to boot the box which now boots into Android. How can i make it to boot to LE?

you can't remove the LE SD Card, it is still required. this tweak is only to move the LE data to internal which could be faster if your SD is slow.

• you can't remove the LE SD Card, it is still required. this tweak is only to move the LE data to internal which could be faster if your SD is slow.

sorry, then i mixed those two up. I know that i shouldnt but this should be a LE box only and i dont want to have the sdcard in it the whole time. I think i meant "installtointernal" then.

• LE box only and i dont want to have the sdcard in it the whole time. I think i meant "installtointernal" then.

Just remember that there is a risk of bricking the box when you do this. So make sure you are confident you can resurrect it, should that happen ;)

• Just remember that there is a risk of bricking the box when you do this. So make sure you are confident you can resurrect it, should that happen ;)

yes, thanks. I have done this already in the past. Which led to losing the widevine key for Netflix. But it doesnt matter with this box anyway, so it will be a simple player for some video files. It is the box with i can try some things and make mistakes. :)