[BUG] S905/S905X Youtube video stuttering

• I wonder why nobody has reported this issue yet :)

I can't really remember was it the same on earlier builds or not, but all latest Krypton-based builds have this problem: unsystematic Youtube video stuttering (frame skips), although Kodi detects source's FPS correctly and adjusts screen mode accordingly. Also strange that skip/drop counters stay unchanged.

Build:

Tested on several Kypton-based builds, including latest 8.1.4

Devices & DTBs:

K2 Pro (S905 2/16GB) - gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb

K1 Plus (S905 1/8GB) - gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb

Coowell V5 (S905X 1/8GB) - gxl_p212_1g.dtb

How to reproduce:

The best way to reproduce the bug - using of FPS testing videos posted below. Just look attentively a while (1-2 minute), and you'll defenetly see it. To ensure that is not a problem of testing videos themselves, you could watch it on any other device with automatic framerate switching (i've used Dune player and TV's internal client).

Sample:

I've uploaded testing videos, so everyone can reproduce the problem. But be patient, it may take some time for the glitch first appearance (1-2 minute or so).

Support logs:

K2 Pro logs. Just in case: the most noticeable glitches was at ~ 16, 58, 73 and 133 sec. of the video.

Edited 4 times, last by vevs (August 17, 2017 at 6:19 PM).

• I can't believe that nobody noticed this bug. I own four different devices, and i've faced the problem on each of them. Or just nobody uses Youtube addon?

Edited once, last by vevs (August 14, 2017 at 11:31 AM).

• I own four different devices

So how come we see no debug enabled kodi.log files for any of them? We are not mindreaders, and you also haven't bothered to tell us which hardware this supposed video stuttering is happening on.

Have you also contacted the Youtube add-on developer since it affects all your devices?

• So how come we see no debug enabled kodi.log files for any of them?

Here you are: log (device K2 Pro). But there is nothing interesting (as far as i can see), maybe i should enable additional components in journaling settings?.

I've uploaded testing videos for everyone being able to reproduce the bug, i thought it's a right way for issue detection.

and you also haven't bothered to tell us which hardware this supposed video stuttering is happening on.

Tested devices: Videostrong K1 Plus & K2 Pro S905, Nexbox A95X S905X 1/8GB, Coowell V5 S905X 1/8GB.

Sorry, but i don't have any proofs of the reality of stuttering, except my words.

Have you also contacted the Youtube add-on developer since it affects all your devices?

I believe that it's a mediaplayer issue, but i'll definitely contact bromix if i can't find help here, thanks for suggestion.

• Are you sure it's not a problem with your network?

Try playing youtube videos on a pc.

Yes, I'm sure. I have wired 100Mb internet connection, and I use several VOD online services, samba-shared folders, and local media without any problems. Spicifically, this video tested and plays without stuttering locally, from samba share, from remote http-server folder. Problem appers only with Youtube addon (with any video).

• 18:29:21.248 T:4098089776 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repo.kino.pub

18:29:21.248 T:4098089776 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.jokerzbox_libreelec_s905

18:29:21.248 T:4098089776 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.zachmorris

18:29:21.248 T:4098089776 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository video.kino.pub

Just for the fun of it, try a clean LibreELEC setup and install ONLY the youtube addon, and check again.

• Tomorrow i'll upload log from Coowell V5 with clean LE installation (i've checked all this stuff many times, but if it necessary - i'll do it again).

I couldn't even imagine that the zachmorris's repository could be blocked, because i'm sure it's totally legal and safe :(

Let me ask - why you're so aggresive and suspicious to me? Am i deserved it somehow?

• It's nothing personal, but I guess you can thank all your 'fellow' Kodi box users for that. Those who have boxes with some build of Kodi, and which have been (pre)loaded with one or more (some have 40+...) repos and add-ons which are deemed illegal by Kodi. Combine that with ignorant members of government journalists people who have insufficient knowledge of the whole picture and thus conveniently lay the blame on Team Kodi for even starting (and now continuing) the illegal video streaming via the Kodi application. FYI: the Kodi application does not provide any video content by itself, let alone illegal video streams. It's all about the addons. So anyone having banned repos/addons on their Kodi box offering free movies and/or tvshows, sports etc which normally have to be paid for in one way or another, gets the cold shoulder. All as per our forum rules, which you no doubt have read when you registered on the LibreELEC forum. ;)

Here is some reading material for you:
    The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi | Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software

Having issues with free Movies, TV Shows, Sports, IPTV Streams? | Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software

• Running 8.1.4, my kids use youtube a lot and there is no stuttering on most of the videos they watch. the only stuttering I encounter is those Youtube live videos, not sure why though.

• Klojum, i've never thought about retrogaming legality, now i got it. Sorry for that, i'll be more careful next time.

Did You ask the addon author ?

Not yet. As i told before - i believe that it's a platform-related mediaplayer issue.

Running 8.1.4, my kids use youtube a lot and there is no stuttering on most of the videos they watch. the only stuttering I encounter is those Youtube live videos, not sure why though.

Pretty hard to catch it on regular videos. But when you got it - it'll be annoy you very much :) The best way to reproduce the bug - using of FPS testing videos posted above. Just look attentively a while (1-2 minute), and you'll defenetly see it. To ensure that is not a problem of testing videos themselves, you could watch it on any other device with automatic framerate switching (i've used Dune player and TV's internal client).

Edited once, last by vevs (August 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM).