[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi,

Have just upgraded my s905x to 8.2.1.1 and found the following at the bottom of the kodi log on first boot...

Is something broken?

Thanks ever so much.

Code
    18:45:26.712 T:3892310944   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_url(https://sx05.eu/releases/releases.json) ## ERROR: (HTTPError())
    18:45:26.713 T:3892310944   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/kszaq/ocz/le-master/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel/LibreELEC-settings-12c5f24/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 271, in load_url
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 435, in open
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 473, in error
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
                                                HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
  • Hi,

Have just upgraded my s905x to 8.2.1.1 and found the following at the bottom of the kodi log on first boot...

Is something broken?

Thanks ever so much.

Code
    18:45:26.712 T:3892310944   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_url(https://sx05.eu/releases/releases.json) ## ERROR: (HTTPError())
    18:45:26.713 T:3892310944   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/kszaq/ocz/le-master/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel/LibreELEC-settings-12c5f24/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 271, in load_url
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 435, in open
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 473, in error
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
                                                HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

You can ignore that, it's part of the automatic update code and your only seeing it because a file is missing on the server but it doesn't affect automatic updates from working.

• The audio files (FLAC and WAV) at 16-bit/44.1KHz, 24-bit/88.2KHz and 24-bit/96KHz are outputted correctly, without resampling. The files at 24-bit/192KHz are not played, just silence - no sound at all - and the DAC doesn't display anything.

What model DAC?

Only digital coaxial can handle 24 bit / 192 khz

Amlogic doesn't support 24/192 over SPDIF.

This is not so.

Amlogic S905, S905X great outputs 192/24 on optics SPDIF (TOSLINK), starting with version 7.0.X. (see pic.1)

My report -> [8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

In recent releases of 8.1.x ower USB can be output to the DAC the frequency of 352.8 khz and 384khz - (see pic.2)

It works on all my players, and a few of my devices DAC.

My players:
    S905 - M8S 2G+8G, LAN 100M
    S905 - K1 Plus 1G+8G, LAN 100M (without tuner)
    S905X - X96 1G+8G, LAN 100M

The picture my old DAC "SMLS M8"

• There is a great disparity with amlogic devices, just look at how many different wifi chipsets are in use, just because 1 box can handle 24/192 it doesn't mean they all will, some have cheaper/worse components than others and this could also translate where the S/PDIF interface is concerned as well.

• Amlogic S905, S905X great outputs 192/24 on optics SPDIF (TOSLINK), starting with version 7.0.X. (see pic.1)

My report -> [8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

In recent releases of 8.1.x ower USB can be output to the DAC the frequency of 352.8 khz and 384khz - (see pic.2)

It works on all my players, and a few of my devices DAC.

That's great! So what could be the problem with my Minix Neo U1?

My DAC is Rokna RD-2 and definitely is capable of 192/24 over TOSlink input, it works with my old media player (Xtreamer Sidewinder MK1).

ROCKNA RD-2 DAC (2007): Company | Rockna Audio

Specs: AudioStereo - AD LABS RD-2 SE DAC

• There is a great disparity with amlogic devices, just look at how many different wifi chipsets are in use, just because 1 box can handle 24/192 it doesn't mean they all will, some have cheaper/worse components than others and this could also translate where the S/PDIF interface is concerned as well.

All three player I bought for $ 25-35 - they are ordinary.

My friends also bought players S905X other models - they all play 192/24 on optic.

That's great! So what could be the problem with my Minix Neo U1?

My DAC is Rokna RD-2 and definitely is capable of 192/24 over TOSlink input, it works with my old media player (Xtreamer Sidewinder MK1).

Look in the audio settings - paragraph do not remember exactly - "limit sampling rate" - maybe there you have 96 khz? In this case, set 192 (or 352, 384)

• All three player I bought for $ 25-35 - they are ordinary.

My friends also bought players S905X other models - they all play 192/24 on optic.

Look in the audio settings - paragraph do not remember exactly - "limit sampling rate" - maybe there you have 96 khz? In this case, set 192 (or 352, 384)

I never said they won't play it, I was merely pointing out that some boxes are built differently and as I said previously not to expect miracles from a cheap box. Whilst it works for some it doesn't mean it will for all, there is some people here who can not use wifi because vendors have changed parts. This is just one of the reasons it may not be working for racko.

• Look in the audio settings - paragraph do not remember exactly - "limit sampling rate" - maybe there you have 96 khz? In this case, set 192 (or 352, 384)

I don't have an option like this in LibreELEC, System settings > Audio

These are my main audio settings:

Audio output device:

• ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog), PCM (X)
    • ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    • PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

Number of channels: 2.0

Output configuration:

• Fixed
    • Optimized
    • Best Match (X)

Allow passthrough: ON

• I never said they won't play it, I was merely pointing out that some boxes are built differently and as I said previously not to expect miracles from a cheap box. Whilst it works for some it doesn't mean it will for all, there is some people here who can not use wifi because vendors have changed parts. This is just one of the reasons it may not be working for racko.

I understand your concerns. But as far as I know, the SPDIF signal is supplied to the optical transmitter directly from CPU Amlogic S905(X)

On his way there is no any other chips and components.

Only one option, the manufacturer has put very ancient optical SPDIF-transmitter which can not work with a frequency of 192.

• Only one option, the manufacturer has put very ancient optical SPDIF-transmitter which can not work with a frequency of 192.

Pretty hard to believe they found such an ancient optical transmitter to put on Minix Neo U1 but still possible, as @adamg said.

Most of my hi-res audio library is 24/96 FLAC but I still have a pretty long list of albums on 24/192. Hmmm, I don't know what to do ... :(

Anyway, thank you for your help! :)

• Most of my hi-res audio library is 24/96 FLAC but I still have a pretty long list of albums on 24/192. Hmmm, I don't know what to do ... :(

I have also a lot of hires audio - to play this audio I own some expensive hardware.

Yes, I can play audio with this cheap amlogic boxes over HDMI to my modern AVR

But ... I don´t think I can win formula 1 championship driving a fiat 500.

BTW:

I play my hires audio on FiiO X3 - headphone amplifier - Beyerdynamic T5

or

FiiO X3 - coax out - AVR - Bowers & Wilkins