[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Thanks kszaq for the great work

I'm using a KM5 branded S905X box, everything works perfectly other than there is no WiFi.

The WiFi chip is SCL S9082C, does this have the same problem of no firmware support form the vendor as the S9082XS chip?

I think I already know the answer.

As a Chinese speaker, if there's any way I can help in contacting with the vendor then I'll be more than happy.

Thanks,

• In the first page it says: 9082xs not supported. Unsure 'C' or 'S' makes any difference but I suspect it's a no :)

• Thanks for the replies, it looks like the lines of enquiries have been thoroughly investigated. I'll have to use a USB WiFi adaptor and avoid boxes with these chips in the future.

• Tried it this morning; sadly screen went pink after ~30 minutes of TV programme. This is my .config/autostart.sh:

Code
    echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

To be sure I also issued the commands manually and waited for the pink screen to appear again.

It does not work for me.

I have the same.

When I run the line:

Code

by console line, the sound is muted.

• It does not work for me.

I have the same.

When I run the line:

Code

by console line, the sound is muted.

This happened to me in previous releases. Stopping the video and re-starting brings the sound back. I had no problems after adding to autostart.sh

• Just to give an update on the USB to Gigabit Ethernet:

Got this one:

12991105_2015_m_0_hi.jpg

It appears to be using ASIX AX88179 chipset and LE eats it like a charm.

Tested it with "streaming" an UHD audio pass-through media from my local SMB server - no more buffering crap on the S905X box. 8o

Now,

if someone can share some thoughts on the S905 USB ACPI power-off issue... ?:blush:

• I upgraded to 8.1.2 (from 8.0.2e) and since then my SAMBA network name appears as "%H" (in windows) although the name in settings in LE is "LELIVING".

Also, when I try and access this share I get a request for username and password even though the SAMBA authentication settings in LE are disabled.

Does anyone else have this issue? how can I fix it?

• Now,

if someone can share some thoughts on the S905 USB ACPI power-off issue... ?:blush:

As far as I remember this is controlled by bootloader and you have to get source code from manufacturer + modify it (don't know how).

I upgraded to 8.1.2 (from 8.0.2e) and since then my SAMBA network name appears as "%H" (in windows) although the name in settings in LE is "LELIVING".

Also, when I try and access this share I get a request for username and password even though the SAMBA authentication settings in LE are disabled.

Does anyone else have this issue? how can I fix it?

Try to remove (or temporarily rename) your Samba config file: /storage/.config/samba.conf

• Try to remove (or temporarily rename) your Samba config file: /storage/.config/samba.conf

I removed the file and after boot all is OK. but....

I had the .kodi folder defined in the sambe.conf file so I took the samba.conf.sample file below (showing only [global] part:

and added the following at the end (after all other shared paths):

Code
    [kodi]
      path = /storage/.kodi
      available = yes
      browsable = yes
      public = yes
      writable = yes
      root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi

After reboot the problem reappeared and the samba.conf [global] part now looks like this:

I see 2 main changes:

* new line: netbiso name = %h

* changed line: security = share instead of security = user

Why did it change and could this be the reason?

• Have the Same Problem,

device go to power of

with 8.0.2 its no problem

• It appears to be using ASIX AX88179 chipset and LE eats it like a charm.

You obviously will be restricted to USB 2 speed which is nowhere near Gb maximums ( I don't think 905/ X support USB 3)

Then again, If it's enough to solve your buffering issues - job done! :)

• You obviously will be restricted to USB 2 speed which is nowhere near Gb maximums ( I don't think 905/ X support USB 3)

Then again, If it's enough to solve your buffering issues - job done! :)

Is strange the physical ports are all USB 2.0 in my boxes (beelink and mecool), but lsusb reports a USB 3.0 hub. There must be available on the board but unpopulated.

Maybe some developer can explain more in detail this.

• Is strange the physical ports are all USB 2.0 in my boxes (beelink and mecool), but lsusb reports a USB 3.0 hub. There must be available on the board but unpopulated.

Maybe some developer can explain more in detail this.

Second that.

Here's the output on my S905X box:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1058:0748 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. My Passport (WDBKXH, WDBY8L)

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

BTW,

what is the "normal" operating temperature of the S905X, while rendering (even with some GUI elements)?

Is it normal to be a bit higher than the S905?

• I never had /storage/.config/samba.conf, only samba.conf.sample, no problem with 8.0.2e on my Odroid C2 ! But with the 8.1.2 build, i can't access to my Windows shares... I tried to create a samba.conf manually but no effect !

An idea ?

Edited once, last by Kahio (August 5, 2017 at 12:19 PM).

• Just an observation:

My TV has different profiles settings for HD, UHD, and HDR. And if I adjust all profiles identical, the HD content is way to pale for my liking's, And even if I adjust the settings on the HD profile, I can't get the Yellow anywhere near the UHD/HDR color.

But if i set the box Interface to 2061p and let the box do the upscale... well, there's my Yellow:)

So the box is doing something when upscaling that my AVR and TV is not doing, And i Like It :)

Keep up the GREATE work!! ;)

• Hi all

I have a question about the video pipeline of these AmLogic port of Libreelec, mainly because I am following the Amlogic mainline effort.

I understand that Mali OpenGL is used for the sceen rendering (GUI, ecc...), but what's the hardware decoding framework? Is it Mali itself providing it, or providing some sort of wrapper on the VPU?

Or there is some standard framework, like OpenMAX, VAAPI, VDPAU, etc...?